Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
E-bay seller back again.

Posted by gonzer (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 20, 08 at 8:46

Dorenas store looks familiar. Fake names and photoshop. Reported as fraudulent.

Here is a link that might be useful: report me please!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: E-bay seller back again.

But buying plants from the rainforest helps cure cancer! Why would you report that as fraud? We need to save the rainforest and this auction helps. Right?

"Vincristine, extracted from the rainforest plant, periwinkle, is one of the world's most powerful anticancer drugs. It has dramatically increased the survival rate for acute childhood leukemia since its discovery."

o

Isn't this Strawberry Whizzbang or whatever-the-heck with less Photoshoppage? Actually, except for the bogus name and standard-issue eBay BS, this doesn't seem too bad. It doesn't look that Photoshopped to me, at least it doesn't glow in the dark.

Having spent a fair amount of recreational time on eBay, I have come to expect misinformation and misrepresentation as the norm. I can't get all worked up about it, but then I don't believe in the tooth fairy either. ;-)

o

Gonzer,

I bought one of those plants last Thursday at the local Bromeliad society meeting, it must have been incorrectly labelled as Olens hybrid - the wife was not impressed ranting and raving that I already had it - unfortuately she was right.

Maybe she will be impressed when I explain how rare it is - on second thoughts it may be better to let sleeping dogs lie :)

o

Rickta66, well you could always take a picture photo shop it, and sell it on e-bay. I reported it, but it doesn't seem like ebay cares.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here