Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hotdiggetydam

How to post photo's

hotdiggetydam
16 years ago

1. Set up your private account with a free photo hosting site(like photo bucket or webshots)

2. Load your pictures to your photo site.

3. To post on GW, under each photo are several web addy's...the tagline is the one you need copy and paste

straight in with your written GW post. You can paste several photo's by repeating these steps. This does require

you have two explorer windows open at the same time. One with free photo account and one for GW especially if you post multiple photo's

Comments (25)

• kerry_t_australia
    16 years ago

thanks for that HHD! now, even computer idiots like me can upload photos onto the discussion list. what a revelation. hope to learn and share more with new-found access and brom addicts. k :)

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Your welcome Kerry. We all had to learn how. Just have fun here :)

• sanga
    16 years ago

{{gwi:494070}}Heres another newcomer..MY FIRST PHOTO..all I need to do is learn how to get it smaller ???

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It looks fine sanga...keep them coming :) Put your caption on a seperate line from the tagline and that will probally fix it

• bambi_too
    16 years ago

use the edit button, the click on the resize tab, you will get a drop down menu, I use the 680 x 480 size. You can also set the size you load the photos so you don't have to edit them and resize them. This has save me HOURS of work during Daylily bloom when I'm shooting hundreds of images each day.

Up just above the BROWSE buttons where you UPLOAD, there is a MAX IMAGE SIZE: XYZ X ABC (options) CLICK on OPTIONS, and a menu will come up, select the size you want to up load you photos and click SAVE. Now when you upload photos they will be the size you want.

CAUTION, you can further reduce size, but you CANNOT increase the size.

{{gwi:491134}}

• User
    16 years ago

Excellent taste in subject matter for a first photo IMHO. ;-)
    T. funkiana in all it's glory!

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow bambi your lucky to be able to put the broms so close together where you live...that doesn't work here

• bambi_too
    16 years ago

That area gets morning, early afternoon and some sun in the morning, its pretty well dappled shade during the hottest part of the day. We usually have a nice breeze back there despite the privacy fence. That area has proven to be a good place for my bromeliads and clivia seedlings. I really dred having to bring them in for the winter. That is where you are lucky HDD.

• nikki2007
    16 years ago

I try to post photo

Here is a link that might be useful:

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    16 years ago

here ya go
    {{gwi:494072}}

• nikki2007
    16 years ago

Try again

• sanga
    16 years ago

{{gwi:494074}} Thanks hotdiggety and bambi too for the help.I look forward to posting more pics..

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    16 years ago

nikki2007 just paste the tag right here in this box after you type here and it will show up in your post as it does above. Dont use the link/url boxes
    Have fun :)

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    16 years ago

{{gwi:494076}}

• bromeliaddict
    16 years ago

Sanga,
    The picture's great! If you can provide a name to go with it, that will make all the spiny-lovers on the forum happy. ;>)
    Paul

• LisaCLV
    16 years ago

Just to make it a little more clear, since Photobucket has recently added a fourth line and changed the names slightly...

After you upload your photo, you will see 4 lines of code underneath it:
    Email & IM
    Direct Link
    HTML Tag
    IMG code

The one you want is the HTML Tag line. Right click on it to copy it, then paste it directly in the Message box. If you want to add a caption or comments, put them on a separate line so they won't run together. When you click "Preview Message" you should see your picture. If it's not there, or if the spacing is not right, don't submit the message. You can use the corrections box as many times as you need to to get it right. Once it's posted you can't edit.

If you don't want the picture to be seen as part of the message, then you can use it as a link. In that case you have to use the Direct Link line, copy and paste it into the space just below the message box that says "Optional Link URL", and then enter the name of the plant or whatever title you want in the box below that, where it says "Name of the Link". That way the reader has to click on the link to see the picture. This can also be used to add a link to a web page, such as photos on FCBS, or if you have a whole album of pictures you want to show.

When you're doing a new posting the link box won't appear at first, but as soon as you preview the message it will be there, so just wait and add your link then, then preview it again and test the link to make sure it works, then submit your message. This makes it much easier for everyone to use than if you just print the URL as part of the message.

Hope this helps. It took me a long time to figure it out at first too. As a cyber-newbie I didn't know how to right-click the mouse to copy and paste, so I was trying to copy it all down by hand, LOL. I only recently figured out how much easier it is if you open two windows, D'OH!!! ;-)

• nikki2007
    16 years ago

Thank you all member to helping me post picture {{gwi:494078}}

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    16 years ago

nice Shelldance nikki2007. I cant wait for mine to bloom so I can experiment with it. So far all the mom's are busy pupping

• nikki2007
    16 years ago

I got it...more fun sooner

{{gwi:494080}}

• sanga
    16 years ago

sorry Paul, I bought that one as Hectia argentea,but I'm not sure if it is named correctly as it has not flowered yet ..sanga..

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    16 years ago

NOTE: for posting with text
    Post text either above or below each photo you insert

• ozvon
    16 years ago

Thankyou HDD for reposting this topic. I had only saved your post and printed it out.
    I have now printed out everyone's pearls of wisdom. I'll have a play later with resizing altho i really like the big pics coz you can see more detail.

• stanofh 10a Hayward,Ca S.F. bay area
    16 years ago

Well,i post by hook or crook on all the boards-except Dave's Garden.No matter what i try pics dont show..links is as close as i can get.Two browsers,open windows,using every option Photobucket has until they are all blank-nothing.
    D.G. and others can't explain it. Any ideas?

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    16 years ago

right click the html code from photobucket..copy it and open the garden web browser and paste in the chat box...it will show when you hit post preview ..if you like the way it looks hit the fianl post button

• stanofh 10a Hayward,Ca S.F. bay area
    16 years ago

Gonna try it soon H.D.D...thanks.

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
More Discussions