Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My two bigenerics : x Dyckcohnia vs x Puckia

Posted by stephania Bangkok, Thailand (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 6, 06 at 11:29

Among the spiny things in my house, I found these two bigeneric that looked more and more handsome as they grow up.

This is my x Dyckcohnia 'Conrad Morton' (Dyckia macedoi x Deuterocohnia meziana) that I got from Dutch Vandervort last year.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And this is my x Puckia 'Sparkle' (Puya laxa x (Dyckia fosteriana x platyphylla) )
that I got from Tropiflora last year too.
I've seen somewhere called this bigeneric as 'Dyckipu' too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My two bigenerics : x Dyckcohnia vs x Puckia

• Posted by patris 9 Gulf Coast (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 6, 06 at 11:34

They are both beautiful, but that Conrad Morton is stunning!
Patris

o

Hi all, Heres another photo of the same cross,and at Michael's,he calls it Dyckipu 'Sparkle'.This particular plant was obtained from Tropiflora. About a year old in this pic. A fairly fast grower. Bob

o

Love 'Conrad Morton'! That streaking is most unusual.

o

Stephania,that'Conrad Morton' would be my #1 prized 'sticky' brom. I sure would like to obtain one. I've tried to go to Dutch's website many times,but it has always been "unable to display page" .Do you have any info on this ? Bob

o

Wow Bob...your "Dickipu" (I do really like this name...it sound funny LOL) is charming with more deep red color.

That's surely, you will make more streaking pattern, as Lisa mentioned, than mine here, if you grow this one overthere.

As I've heard from my friend, Dutch Vandervort might be out of business right now. The last time my friend visited Dutch' collection in last October, this great collector just gonna retire, that why I could get some rare stuffs from him, such as 4 plants of Dyckia estevesii, 2 of x Dyckcohnia 'Conrad Morton' , Dyckia marnier-lapostollei var. estevesii and some nice zeric. I've seen Dutch somewhere in Cycad forum of Yahoo group or around here, I think.

I'm quite sure that Tropiflora have 'Conrad Morton', as the pic showed in FCBS. Anyway, I noticed that one of my plant seem to shoot a flower bud on its tip, so I do hope I could have some pups nearly soon.

My 'Conrad Morton' months ago. (Who's Conrad Morton...anyone know? As the breeder of this plant is Mr Paul Hutchinson)

o

I have the x Puckia as well--one of my favorites.

I saw a posting of Dutch having a sale because his lease was up. That is too bad if he closed. Lots of good growers have closed or retired recently.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here