Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another ID please?

Posted by cdbinfl z10FL (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 8, 09 at 12:56

Unknown Bromeliad
Can anyone identify this Bromeliad for me? The undersides of the leaves are purplish.

Cherie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another ID please?

I don't know, Cherie, and it's hard to tell how true the colors are in your photo, but Hummel did a number of Aechmea hybrids that look similar to that. Check out both pages of the link below, particularly Ae. Bastantha, Candy Corn, Electra, Gigant, Hiawatha, Montezuma and Rajah, and see if any of them looks like a match to you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hummel hybrid Aechmeas - FCBS

o
RE: Another ID please?

Lisaclv,
Thanks so much for the response and the link. Even after looking at the photos I am still not sure, I am leaning toward Montezuma or Hiawatha, or possibly Candy Corn. It is hard to tell, but at least I have some idea. It was given to me by someone who did not have an id, but I love the bloom.

Thanks again!

Cherie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here