Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19765985

My oh my, what HAVE we here?

User
15 years ago

Dang! I just love surprises. Like when you go to water a plant you haven't seen for a while? Notice anything peculiar abot this RG French?

{{gwi:498632}}

{{gwi:498635}}

Comments (8)

• bambi_too
    15 years ago

SWEET!!!

How you all been. The reptile and amphibian breeding season was just oustanding for me this year so I was extra busy with all the babies. Then the Daylily bloom began, and it has been pretty much non stop work here with Amazon and ebay sales too!

I have been reading, Lisa those were some really nice plants you introduced. I am going to order some of the Bills. Anybody heard from Bob?

I'll be around more again since the weather is getting colder.

• kerry_t_australia
    15 years ago

Is it the variegation which surprised you Gonz?
    Bill. R G French is an unstable variegate, often losing its variegation as it matures. I have a clump similar to yours - with stronger variegation on some, and sometimes no variegation, and sometimes more albomarginated like your wee pup. I kinda like the lucky dip with them.

Or did I miss something??

Cheers,
    Kerry

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That's the surprise, my first ever raising these guys Kerry. I've got many clumps and many potted but this is a first. Pretty nice though. Mine tend not to show as pink a margin that usually is equated with RG.
    Hey Bambi, long time!

• sander_s
    15 years ago

Yeah, where's Bob??

• kerry_t_australia
    15 years ago

Sorry - forgot to say - welcome back Bambi John! I often think of you when Monty (Python) makes an appearance. Do you sell your reptilian and amphibian babes online? How do you house your menagerie?

...and yes, where is Bob?

K

• bambi_too
    15 years ago

Kerry, I had a few clutches of little montys, and some of the ones we call Jungles, bright yellow and black. I have one little female hatchling that is almost all yellow. I sell the majority of my animals to a wholesaler in Florida now, he pays top dollar, and I can send as much as I want. There are some things I have waiting lists for, and some friends take to the shows for me. I did one show this summer, it was nice to see everyone again, but I'm not up to the 4 or 5 a month anymore. I only have some very special select animals for sale right now. Most of my stuff is here, but some of the bigger snakes are at a friends place. I just don't have the room here for the Boas, the pythons may all end up over there. I go over there 2 or 3 times a week for a couple of hours to clean and feed.

I'm going to have to e-mail Bob.

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

My RGF seems to show its variegation strongest when it's a pup. It kind of fades out as it ages, but I've never seen an irregular pattern like that. Is there any green margin or is it all still albo-marginated?

Hi bambi! Thanks for the compliment. And yes, do email Bob, I've been wondering about him too. We haven't heard much from him since the Extravaganza last year. I thought maybe he had decided he didn't like hanging around with us after all! ;-)

• neomea
    15 years ago

Hi Gonz

I would also be interested in the knowing if the one margin is green on that larger plant. I like the albo-marginated pup too!

Cheers

Dennis

Sponsored
More Discussions