Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what neo am i?

Posted by plantaholic zone 8a AL (n2tropical@aol.com) on
Wed, Sep 9, 09 at 20:16

i picked this neo up at a roadside nursery near sarasota FL. they only sold really common bromeliads at very inexpensive prices. they had billbergia pyramidalis, billbergia fosters striate, ae bracteata, and this neoregelia. im betting its a common variety, but id like to know its name. here is a topview with red pruners for scale. its a pretty hefty plant

help? anyone?

Here is a link that might be useful: pic of unknown neo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
side view

this may help too......

Here is a link that might be useful: side view on photobucket

o
RE: what neo am i?

Hayes, that's a hybrid of Neo. spectabilis x marmorata (or vice versa). It seems to be fairly common in FL, but I don't know if it has a name in the US. There's an Aussie cv. of the same cross called 'Julian Nally', which was grown from seed sent to Australia by Nally (read article on link). I don't think it would qualify as the same clone, but it's pretty darn close.

Here is a link that might be useful: Neo. Julian Nally

o
RE: what neo am i?

thank you lisa!

by the way, i have 500 bromeliads now! the ones i got from you at the nursery and the foster plant sale are doing great.

the bug continues to bite! LOL

o
marcon?

i was looking thru my bromeliads and noticed just today that i have a smaller specimen of marcon that looked very similar. when i looked up the parentage on FCBS site, it is a marmorata x spectabilis crosss. could the pic i posted be a neo marcon?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here