Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More Ids Please.

Posted by edwena0316 4MN (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 5, 09 at 20:20

this was all green when I bought it last summer but turned red this summer did I do something wrong? And what kind is it?
brom no stripe
This one has stripes on the leaves and was red when I bought it. Thought they were different cultivars.
brom stripe
The mother plant to this was huge and beautiful but has since blossomed and "passed on". I think I have Seven pups of this one.
brom pup
TIA for any help. Edwena
P.s. No Idea how to get the pics bigger but if you click on them it will take you to my webshots.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Ids Please.

Hi Edwena, I'll take a couple of guesses. The leaves turning red isn't necessarily a bad thing, some Neos will blush red with good light and usually I like the look. I would guess the first one might be a Neo fireball hybrid (if so, should be reddish) and the second looks like Neo Zoe. The third is a Cryptanthus, but I don't know what kind.
-andy

o

Hi Edwena

You did better than me with photos, maybe somebody here may be able to talk you through posting them better, I know I can't.

I'm with Andy on the first 2, the third looks like Cryptanthus Elaine.

Pinkbroms

o

Hi Edwena ,with the photos i found that when you load them on photo bucket you have to adjust the size before you upload ,took me a while to work that one out,and i am a complete idiot with a computer ,but i did figure it out,now all i have to do is reload about 50% of my piccies . best of luck with that Jack

o

Thanks for the IDs still not sure how to make pics bigger oh well will get there eventually

o

Hi edwena ,Re piccies size, what worked for me was this ; in the top right hand corner of Photobucket page it has a square that says select Ctrl files/upload and options , options will open and give you photo sizes ,you click on the size you select and click on to save, that for me than is the default size that stays on the computer ,if you select the 800 x 600 or the 15" screen you will be able to later on reload them to a bigger size again , but at the 2 sizes i listed they are a good size ,when you have selected that than load your piccies, it workes for me now that i am aware of it ok ? bye Jack

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here