Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
another neo ID

Posted by plantaholic zone 8a AL (n2tropical@aol.com) on
Wed, Sep 9, 09 at 22:25

id love to have a name on this plant as well. i picked it up at a nursery near tampa. no label, but i knew i didnt have one like it.

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket pic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: another neo ID sideview

maybe this pic will help?

Here is a link that might be useful: sideview

o
RE: another neo ID

I'm no expert and still learning myself but these questions might help us find your answer.

- How long ago did you purchase this plant?
and
- If it was sometime ago has it been kept in a well shaded position?

What i'm aiming at by these questions is that there is very little visable markings or colour which often suggests the plant has had little or no sun light. This makes it very hard to ID. It's also best to wait till a brom has flowered to find a positive ID.

Best of luck.....;)

o
good points matt...

i bought this plant at a nursery in central florida last november. it had no name on it.

i am growing in the plant in bright light/high shade. there are some mottled light spots in each leaf with a small bright pink leaf tip.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here