New bigeneric

hotdiggetydam
15 years ago

I think its pretty

{{gwi:500465}}

Comments (11)

• bromadams
    15 years ago

It does look good. What are the parents?

• kerry_t_australia
    15 years ago

Love it HDD!

What is it?

K

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Androlepsis skinneri x Ae. fasciata spineless

• jaga
    15 years ago

Really nice !! hdd and spinless it seems, making it great for the garden. Unfortunately I only have the male plant of Androlepis skinneri and am told there are no female plants in NZ ? Somebody correct me if im wrong here, any on lookers from nz with this plant. Certainly makes a nice bigeneric.

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I read that some where too Jaga,,maybe an Uncle Derek says article

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

That's a fabulous looking cross, alright!

Andrew, you could try the Andro pollen on an Aechmea. It might even work better. I've tried pollinating my female A. skinneri with a variety of things, but so far no luck.

• bromadams
    15 years ago

I'm looking forward to making all kinds of bigenerics when I finally get some skinneri flowers to work with, hopefully, later this year.

• udo69
    15 years ago

A wondwerful plant HDD. I like those compact foliages. HHD, I want to see the whole plants. It should be a very nice plant.

Like Jaga, I have only male Andro. Now it starts flowering. I do pollinate it with A.bracteata, A.chantinii and A.spectabilis. Hope they will set seeds. I also try to pollinate my Neo. carolinae x carcharodon with Andro. pollen. There is only small amount of Andro. bigeneric in trade. Are there anyone success in Andro. cross with other genera?

Lisa what species failed to cross with female Andro. I don't have femal Andro. I am looking for those plant in Thailand but nobody have. I think Andros. in Thailand are only male.

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

The only pollen attempt I can remember specifically was with Ae. ramosa 'Festiva'. I'm pretty sure I tried some other Aechmeas but I don't keep records of the ones that fail. ;-)

• bromadams
    15 years ago

There is so little info on bigeneric crossing, that I think you'll have to just do it and see what happens. Lisa and others have been kind enough to share some of their knowledge about intra genera crosses, but nobody is really sharing bigeneric info. I'm not even sure that anybody has knowledge to share. For me it's all fun. I think I have 4 xNeobergias growing and a fair number of other bigenerics growing and I'm happy in my unprofitable Dr. Frankenstein role.

• udo69
    15 years ago

Thank Lisa for you information.

Bromadams. I have fun to do bigeneric crossing. This year lots of my plants flower at the same time. It's an opportunity to cross them. Now I have lots of bigeneric seeds to cultivate. I have numbers of seeds of Neo. mooreana x Cryptanthus lacerdae , Neo. mooreana x Ae.chantinii'Chogun' , Ae.tillandsoides variegata x Bill fasciata F2 and others start germinating. I should wait to see what happens. What they look like. I still have fun.

Sponsored
More Discussions