Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vriesea

New Vr.seedling

vriesea
14 years ago

I just thought i would show this ,it has Vr,fenestralis in its parentage ,I propose to name it after my young lady friend Miss Sylvie Rosenberg ,

{{gwi:502190}}

{{gwi:502192}}

so this then will be Vr. 'Sylvie Rosenberg' just to show you what can be got using Vr.fenestralis ,

Comments (10)

• brom_adorer
    14 years ago

ohh-ahh Jack. thats a lovely seedling. Its promising to be a really nice plant. Was it an individual in a batch, or did you get a couple of the same? I love all the foliage Vrieseas you have bred! It seems as though you always have something new!
    I will definitely have to come and see your plants, as I'm sure they would be even more spectacular up close.
    Now, don't let it go to your head. he he.
    BA

• vriesea
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi B.A this is the pinkist out of the batch but there are several that are very nice ,i did'nt grow many of the cross as there was few seeds ,but will do it again ,no it does not go to my head ,just like to show people what can be done with various plants,I actually do'nt like all the attention it has gotten me but I can't have it both ways .
    Thank you for your kind commments Jack

• rickta66
    14 years ago

Jack,

That is a good looking plant.

What type of light do you give it?

I grow my few vrieseas in fairly low light areas but I think that they would probably do better with a little more light.

Cheers,

Rick

• splinter1804
    14 years ago

Hi Jack,

A beautiful looking plant. You seem to attract beautiful plants just as succesfully as you attract beautiful women.

There's no doubt about you Jack, you're always coming up with something new to make our mouths water.

Great stuff! all the best, Nev.

• jaga
    14 years ago

Stunning Looks!! Hope the leaf pattern holds that really nice spotting as it gets older. How old is this plant Jack ?.

• paul_t23
    14 years ago

Hi Jack, what a lovely plant, and what a thrill it must be when something like that comes through. Cheers, Paul

• vriesea
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for your kind comments guys ,the plant is about 4 years old ,it wont be a giant as its not bred for that, i grow most of my Vrieasea in very bright light ,but some need a bit more shade ,and some just good light ,it depends on the genetic make up ,but very good light is best for the bulk ,the spotting has improved as plant gets bigger and so has the colour ,and yes Nev , Sylvie is a beautyfull young lady ,it is allways the unexpected that makes it all worthwhile , i will post a couple of the others later ot of same cross, Jack

• vriesea
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Quick follow up ,am going to have to rename that pink Vriesea ,my lady friend would like it named Vr'.Miss Sylvie' so thats it .her word goes.

• udo69
    14 years ago

Hi Jack,

Very nice plant Vr'.Miss Sylvie'. Everyone will be jealous the plant has name after her. I have no experience about this type of brom. Vrieseas don't like hot weather of Thailand.

How about your Al.vinicolor? My Werauhia fail to set seed. I wait for a month looking at its flowers. Nothing happened to my plants. The ovaries are not accreted. I'm sure they are abort. Hope you have a good luvk about your plant.

Cheers
    Yong

• vriesea
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Yong ,thank you for your kind comment, no the Werauhia onto Vinicolor did no good for me ,to bad but you have to try,and try ,and try ,cheers Mate , Jack