Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
T. guelzii

Posted by bromadams 10b (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 25, 09 at 8:01

Does T. guelzii need more water that the usual silver Till? Mine is showing some wrinkles but it has produced pups and otherwise looks healthy. It was in bloom when I got it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: T. guelzii

Being related to T. vernicosa and for a while erroneously named T. ixioides, your plant doesn't like to be wet. If the wrinkles you're talking of are at the base of the leaves there's nothing to worry about, just the way it grows. Let me know when it get divisible ;-)

o

The wrinkles are at the base of a few leaves so thanks for the diagnosis. I did kill a bulbosa from lack of water.

I have vernicosa and they are morphologically similar. I get most of my Tills from Tropiflora at plant sales and I do think I paid a fair amount for guelzii but I can't remember now. Usually I get the Tills for anywhere from $4 to $12 so I would guess that I paid $20 for that guelzii.

There will be another big sale in two weeks. I may pick up one or two more Tills from Tropiflora if there is anything interesting. They usually have many 100's of Tills just piled up in baskets. Great fun!

o

There wasn't anything exciting from Tropiflora at the sale, but I didn't get there until the second day of the sale and I might have missed the good stuff. I grabbed a few random plants and got a 'Pink Velvet', hondurensis and brachycaulos x concolor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here