o
Neo Sakura

Posted by hotdiggetydam (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 9, 08 at 8:59

Lisa are you growing this plant?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Neo Sakura

I have one but I don't think it's in the trade much. Hatsumi did the cross but she apparently doesn't have it anymore. Sharon P. has made a lot of crosses using it, some of which are very nice. She managed to find me a pup, but otherwise I haven't seen it around.

o

I just noticed it in the registry but of course no picture for months

o

Here's mine. I'm sure Sharon has a nicer picture, we'll just have to wait for it to be posted.

Photobucket

o

Oh very nice!

o

Yes very nice but remains us a lot of N'Strawberry Sunday'

o

I haven't seen a 'Strawberry Sunday' look like that. Neo 'Strawberry' prabally has one parent in common

o

My Strawberry is smaller and has more of an orangey tone, but all Marble Throat hybrids have that mottled look (at least the ones where the MT genes came through, which is usually what you select for).

o

Neoregelia 'Sakura' has been in Australia some years and several growers after WBC Cairns got pups of it off Cheryl Basic (Wildfire Nursery) on Queensland's Sunshine Coast. I made enquiries about it which ensured it finally got registered 25 years after being bred. The name 'Sakura' means "apple blossom" in Japanese.

o

Actually, Sakura means cherry blossom. Close, but no cigar! ;-)

It's not surprising there would be more of it in Oz than in the US. Sharon Petersen has shipped quite a bit of material to Cheryl Basic, so that same situation holds for many of her own hybrids as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here