hotdiggetydam

Neo Sakura

hotdiggetydam
15 years ago

Lisa are you growing this plant?

Comments (9)

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

I have one but I don't think it's in the trade much. Hatsumi did the cross but she apparently doesn't have it anymore. Sharon P. has made a lot of crosses using it, some of which are very nice. She managed to find me a pup, but otherwise I haven't seen it around.

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I just noticed it in the registry but of course no picture for months

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

Here's mine. I'm sure Sharon has a nicer picture, we'll just have to wait for it to be posted.

{{gwi:503866}}

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh very nice!

• jaga
    15 years ago

Yes very nice but remains us a lot of N'Strawberry Sunday'

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I haven't seen a 'Strawberry Sunday' look like that. Neo 'Strawberry' prabally has one parent in common

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

My Strawberry is smaller and has more of an orangey tone, but all Marble Throat hybrids have that mottled look (at least the ones where the MT genes came through, which is usually what you select for).

• geoff3147
    15 years ago

Neoregelia 'Sakura' has been in Australia some years and several growers after WBC Cairns got pups of it off Cheryl Basic (Wildfire Nursery) on Queensland's Sunshine Coast. I made enquiries about it which ensured it finally got registered 25 years after being bred. The name 'Sakura' means "apple blossom" in Japanese.

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

Actually, Sakura means cherry blossom. Close, but no cigar! ;-)

It's not surprising there would be more of it in Oz than in the US. Sharon Petersen has shipped quite a bit of material to Cheryl Basic, so that same situation holds for many of her own hybrids as well.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions