Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some new ones

Posted by avane Cape Town (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 1, 08 at 15:39

I got some interresting broms recently. I loved Neo Pemiento very much and when I got the chance to get Neo Margaret, I jumped to it! To me it looks almost just like an over sized Pemiento. I am sure the colour on it will get to the same intensity as Pemiento when grown in some direct sun. Does any one have an idea what the parents are?

Neo Margaret:
Neo Margaret

And then this cross between Milagro and carcharodon Tiger. It should be nice to watch it develop - and see how big that teeth are going to get!

Neo Shark Bait:
Neo Shark Bait

And then specially for Gonzer. These are the Tills that I eventually got. Some of those very exciting ones did not make it to South Africa.
Till capitata Marron (Does this only develop that browny red with the yellow center at flowering?):
Till capitata Marron

Till durati (I'm so glad I got it eventually):
Till durati

Till geminiflora:
Till geminiflora

Till jucunda:
Till jucunda

Till Bonsall Beauty (I think I might have this one already, just labled as tenuifolia, but it never flowered for me yet, so I do not know for sure):
Till Bonsall Beauty

And this one I am very proud of and very glad that Dr Gonzer recommended I should get it!

Till Ty:
Till Ty

Japie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some new ones

Japie the parents are probally the same as Pemiento....there was a dispute over Margaret as the hybridiser so it was never registered. Margaret growns a cherry red hue here while Pemiento has a red to orange hue. Glad to see Tropiflora selling the plants again

o

Right on Japie! Your Bonsall Beauty's leaves recurve more so than the regular caulescent forms of tenuifolia. That's what sets it apart. Duratii has always been one of my favorites. Nice stuff, and you got yer Tee-Tie. ;-)

o

Hi all

Margaret is a beauty...hopefully easier than Pemiento, I havent had much luck with that one!

o

Japie,Congratulations on your new Tills,they may not be as colourfull as the Neo's,but when they flower it's something else.Seems we share the same nursery,Lyn has a very good
varity and her plant are good and healthy.
Good Growing
Neville

o

Thanks HDD, it makes sense. Margaret also has that thicker/harder type of leaf like Pemiento.

Tee-Tie is a beaut Gonzer! Will it grow best in a sunny, more dry spot, or will it appreciate it's father love for moisture and grow big and fat for me if I mount it where it will get a mist spray every day in summer? And while you are at it, does durati also like it a bit more dry and sunny?

I can't understand why you battle with Pemiento Dennis, treat it the same as your other favourite from the same grex - Milagro - and it will colour up very nicely. It is a bit slower growing and smaller than Milagro though.

Good to hear you are still into the Tills Neville! How is your shadehouse coming on?

Japie

o

Go ahead and mist 'Ty' on a regular basis Japie, not so with duratii, they prefer very dry and good, strong light, full sun's OK. See my post with my old duratii pictured.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here