Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trio of Tillandsia in flower

Posted by devo_2006 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 20, 08 at 16:41

Three Tillandsia coming into flower now.

Tillandsia stricta

Photobucket

Tillandsia tenuifolia

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tillandsia ?

Photobucket

Any ideas as to the ID of this last one?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trio of Tillandsia in flower

Excellent photos devo!
I'd say your unknown is T. 'Nez Misso', supposedly a cross between aeranthos and bergeri. See the article under "Uncle Derek" on the FCBS.

o

Nice, Andrew!
Your T. tenuifolia has much longer flower heads than mine ever get. Do you feed yours? And would that make much difference to the flower size?

K

o

Thanks Gonzer & Kerry,

Kerry, I'm not 100% sure my Till tenuifolia is in fact tenuifolia...it maybe var strobiliformis, as the FCBS photo looks similar, or it maybe a hybrid. Whatever it is, it grows well here without any feeding, just left to do its thing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here