Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For Lyndi

Posted by avane Cape Town (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 30, 08 at 18:18

Lyndi, you said you were looking for some more yellow broms to add to your collection. What about some of these:

Neo cruenta Yellow - it needs a lot of sun:
Neo cruenta Yellow

Neo rubrovittata - a little bit smaller and more of an upright grower:
Neo rubrovittata

And I am sure you won't be able to say 'No' if you can lay your hands on Neo Golden Idol. Mine have still quite a bit to grow and I am pleased with the colour development this far:
Neo Golden Idol

And just to rock the boat, something NOT yellow at all-
Neo Tiger Cub albo-marginated:
Neo Tiger Cub a-m

Japie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For Lyndi

Hi Japie - Love the Tigercub ( I want one ).

Cheers Richard

o

I'm not normally into variegates but I must say that's one of the best variegated striped clones I've seen! Even I would pick one of those up!

o

Wow.. Neo Tiger Cub is very nice !!!

o

Photobucket Japie

You are a sweetie! I will add these to my wishlist.
I think I have a similar cruenta lime green hybrid and the Neo Golden Idol is smashing! Where to get one? Photobucket

I have gotten a Neo Golden Chalice from Michael and he gave me a complimentary Neo pauciflora X Kauski. Sometimes it's the weather condition which doesn't turn them yellow.

Thanks!

o

You know how to rock the boat Japie...!

I do like that Neo rubrovittata, and I actually saw one last weekend in an amazing collection of broms. It's surprising that it does not feature in many hybrids, as it has very nice markings with that red / yellow banding.

But wow...that albomarginated Tiger Cub really is a fantastic little plant, good form, defined banding, & variegation, all in a mini size. I think I would even pass up a nicely variegated HL, for one of these!

Thanks for the photos, Andrew.

o

Thanks for the compliments on my Tiger Cub! I am so used to call it by that name as I got it labelled like that. But it is in fact a (carolinae variegata x Hannibal Lecter) x Tiger Cub. I got it a while back from Lyn and it is apparently not a shy pupper as her original plant made 3 pups allready and has not even flowered!

Lyndi, please send me an e-mail!

Japie

o

Ah ha...so it does have carolinae & HL in the mix...interesting.

What size is it Japie...?

o

Andrew, I used to think that it actually smaller than the norman Tiger Cub, but when I placed them next to each other now for a picture, I see that they are actually the same size. About 14 cm tall and 10cm wide.
Neo Tiger  Cub a-m

o

Lyndi, I got your e-mail, but cannot reply to it, it just comes back to me! Try sending me an e-mail fromm your normal e-mail appplication.

Japie

o

Hi all

Japie: Nice pics.....You know I love that wee tiger cub!

The most yellow brom I have is Ae blanchetiana yellow...

Photobucket

o

Japie, your (car x HL) x Tiger Cub must be a different clone than mine. Mine's more unstable, which has its advantages, although I think I like yours better.

Photobucket

This one looks closer, but it's actually [(car x HL) x Tiger Cub] x Punctate.

Photobucket

o

Lisa....that second plant is a beaut, oh hang on...so is the first!!! Are they your hybrids?

o

No, they're Skotak's. I picked them up a year ago at Michael's. He had several seedling clones to choose from, as he does with many of Chester's crosses. You really have to see them in person to know what you're getting.

I'm still waiting for the second one to pup. I guess I'd better feed it a bit more, although I'd hate to see it lose its rosy tones.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here