Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avane_gw

For Lyndi

avane_gw
15 years ago

Lyndi, you said you were looking for some more yellow broms to add to your collection. What about some of these:

Neo cruenta Yellow - it needs a lot of sun:

{{gwi:506902}}

Neo rubrovittata - a little bit smaller and more of an upright grower:

{{gwi:506905}}

And I am sure you won't be able to say 'No' if you can lay your hands on Neo Golden Idol. Mine have still quite a bit to grow and I am pleased with the colour development this far:

{{gwi:506910}}

And just to rock the boat, something NOT yellow at all-

Neo Tiger Cub albo-marginated:

{{gwi:506914}}

Japie

Comments (13)

• brom-nutter
    15 years ago

Hi Japie - Love the Tigercub ( I want one ).

Cheers Richard

• mike4284m
    15 years ago

I'm not normally into variegates but I must say that's one of the best variegated striped clones I've seen! Even I would pick one of those up!

• kxs106
    15 years ago

Wow.. Neo Tiger Cub is very nice !!!

• lyndi_whye
    15 years ago

Japie

You are a sweetie! I will add these to my wishlist.
    I think I have a similar cruenta lime green hybrid and the Neo Golden Idol is smashing! Where to get one?

I have gotten a Neo Golden Chalice from Michael and he gave me a complimentary Neo pauciflora X Kauski. Sometimes it's the weather condition which doesn't turn them yellow.

Thanks!

• devo_2006
    15 years ago

You know how to rock the boat Japie...!

I do like that Neo rubrovittata, and I actually saw one last weekend in an amazing collection of broms. It's surprising that it does not feature in many hybrids, as it has very nice markings with that red / yellow banding.

But wow...that albomarginated Tiger Cub really is a fantastic little plant, good form, defined banding, & variegation, all in a mini size. I think I would even pass up a nicely variegated HL, for one of these!

Thanks for the photos, Andrew.

• avane_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the compliments on my Tiger Cub! I am so used to call it by that name as I got it labelled like that. But it is in fact a (carolinae variegata x Hannibal Lecter) x Tiger Cub. I got it a while back from Lyn and it is apparently not a shy pupper as her original plant made 3 pups allready and has not even flowered!

Lyndi, please send me an e-mail!

Japie

• devo_2006
    15 years ago

Ah ha...so it does have carolinae & HL in the mix...interesting.

What size is it Japie...?

• avane_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Andrew, I used to think that it actually smaller than the norman Tiger Cub, but when I placed them next to each other now for a picture, I see that they are actually the same size. About 14 cm tall and 10cm wide.
    {{gwi:506917}}

• avane_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lyndi, I got your e-mail, but cannot reply to it, it just comes back to me! Try sending me an e-mail fromm your normal e-mail appplication.

Japie

• neomea
    15 years ago

Hi all

Japie: Nice pics.....You know I love that wee tiger cub!

The most yellow brom I have is Ae blanchetiana yellow...

{{gwi:506919}}

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

Japie, your (car x HL) x Tiger Cub must be a different clone than mine. Mine's more unstable, which has its advantages, although I think I like yours better.

{{gwi:506921}}

This one looks closer, but it's actually [(car x HL) x Tiger Cub] x Punctate.

{{gwi:506923}}

• neomea
    15 years ago

Lisa....that second plant is a beaut, oh hang on...so is the first!!! Are they your hybrids?

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

No, they're Skotak's. I picked them up a year ago at Michael's. He had several seedling clones to choose from, as he does with many of Chester's crosses. You really have to see them in person to know what you're getting.

I'm still waiting for the second one to pup. I guess I'd better feed it a bit more, although I'd hate to see it lose its rosy tones.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions