Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tillandsia streptophylla x T. brachycaulos flowering pattern

Posted by patusho25 z11 Mexico (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 18, 08 at 19:01

wonder how often Tillandsia streptophylla x Tillandsia brachycaulos (eric knobloch hybrid) blooms?.

I ask this since the one I got in december 2007 (was flowering at the time) pupped (4) earlier this year and now those four pups are about to flower. They didnt get very big since they didnt get much time (theyre still attached to big mama). Is this usual? Thought they would take some years to the pups to do so. =/

Will post a picture in a moment.

cheerios.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tillandsia streptophylla x T. brachycaulos flowering pattern

mommy is in the center all the way up. there are four pups (one is barely visible to the far right). Wonder if they bloom usually every year.
Photobucket

cheers.

o

With your climatic conditions Patusho, it would not surprise me to see them flower so young. Nice looking plant.

o

Great plant. I havent seen any Tillandsia's for sale at the Union City H.D. for quite a while. That's where i would find some unusual or not common Tills or just plain good looking common plants dirt cheap. So's I asked the manager and she said air plants were being shoplifted so much they stopped carrying them. If i had some in mind she would order for me-just be sure I bought what she ordered!
Sad state of our economy when in a relative upscale area(it's a north silicon valley city) people will stoop that low.

o

Thank you both gonzer and stan, glad you liked it. Better to fertilize it more often in order to get them a little bigger before they start doing their thing. Sorry for the late answer but my pc was out of business the last couple days.

o

almost a month later, here it is......
Photobucket

cheerios

o

I just realized that I have this! It was in flower when I got it from Tropiflora in July.

And it put out new pups right away.

And much to my surprise, they bloomed already.

o
my mistake

OK, I realize mine isn't exactly the same since the parents are reversed, but it should be close.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here