Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o

Posted by danaoh SWOhio zone 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 15, 13 at 21:16

Bought an "air plant" at a discount store. It was stuck in a tacky small pumpkin. Figured I would just take it out of that, water it per instructions found on this site. So pulled on plant, discovered it had been glued into pot. Got out all but very bottom of plant in one piece. Watered the large section, also dribbled some water on what was left in pot. Do I have a viable air plant?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: newbie

No way to answer without a photo of the plant.

o
RE: newbie

If it's more green than brown, brown as in death crisp and not natural coloration, you have a viable air plant. Ditch the vendor instructions and do a little reading on general tillandsia care. If you're keeping it inside and you don't live in a sauna you'll want to soak it for an hour two or three times a week, and keep it where you get bright and indirect sunlight.

If you post a picture it can probably be identified pretty quickly. There's a lot of ionanthas glued to porcelain pumpkins this time of year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here