Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mushibu10

4 bromiliad I have unsure on a fee obvious things

mushibu10
9 years ago

Hello,

I have the aechmea primera, tillandsia caput-madusa, vriasea hybrid abd billeberga nunatus

So the aechmea - it isn't as silver as it looks online. I know a few felt like plant lose the felt part to help capture more sun is this happening to mine? Should I keep it in full sun, keep vase part topped up (rain water) when I got it I emptied the vase and cups and spotted a pup. Then I left it outside during the rain to top back up! what about fertiliser?

The tillandsia will only get watered when it rains.

The billeberga this is a unsure on its in orchid compost it bloomed and thwn set an off set. It's only two stems. Water feed light?

The vriasea this I got as it was a red sword and yellow blooms. It sits with my orchids. Under the main shelf where I have. Grow light the plants under it get very little direct light. My orchids love it. The vase is always topped up. It has had much more tap water than other bromiliad I have so it has a lime scale kettle look on the over flow parts of vase cups. But it's now raining much more so it sits outside to help wash it away. Work with mum's. But I won't let the main soil stay wet so its allowed to dry out before and I always empty the vase!

Is there anything else you can add?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions