Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cyptanthus

Posted by gardenbear1 5a (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 28, 09 at 22:29

I can't find much info on these nice little plants,I have 6 of then and find there easy to care for and would like to get more, but before I spend any more money I would like to know about them and there growing habits and what special care do they need if any, mine sit out side all summer in bright light but not in the full sun and seem to do good,I've never seen one bloom yet.
Thanks for any and all help I can get.

Bear

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cyptanthus

Here's a little info page put together by the Cryptanthus Society (see link). You can see plenty of pictures of Crypts on the FCBS photo index.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cryptanthus Culture Guide

o

lisac1v, thanks for the link on Crypt, I guess I've been doing every the right thing all along, and after looking at some of the pic. I'm going to start looking for more.
Thanks again

Bear

o

Hello.
They are very easy to care just put a good medium and add water 1 or 2 times a week. If you want to visit: http://fcbs.org/, there you will find more information and you will see many pictures of the variety and hybrids exist.

o

Hi Bear, Welcome to the world of Earth Star (^_^)

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here