What bromeliad is this???

{{gwi:509563}}

{{gwi:509564}}

{{gwi:509565}}

{{gwi:509567}}

Comments (9)

• hotdiggetydam
    13 years ago

Its hard to tell fro the photos. Were they taken at night? Has the plant ever bloomed?

• splinter1804
    13 years ago

Hi bromelia2010

Sorry I can't help you, but why don't you post your pic's on the new forum as well as there seems to be a lot more people visiting it now than this Garden Web site.

A lot of us still visit both but I suspect as it becomes more popular, more people are going there.

Although there is a lot more activity on the new site, I personally prefer to use both.

All the best Nev.

• vriesea
    13 years ago

Have no Idea as to what Brom it is ,But I can't stand the new site ,and although I logged on ,there is no hope in hell I will use it , it awfull to use .

• hotdiggetydam
    13 years ago

I am with you vriesea. I don't care for it either.

• splinter1804
    13 years ago

Hi everyone,

Jack and HDD I thought exactly the same as you when I forst joined it, and not having much expertise in the computer area I found it mind boggling.

However, after having persevered for a couple of days and asked a lot of questions I am now able to negotiate my way around it reasonably well and find it excellent, even though I'm finding new things every time I use it.

So far the only area I can fault is with the pictures coming up small and having to be enlarged each time.

If you don't like it, why not help to make it better by putting your reasons in the "Forum Issues & Suggestions"
    area, it's early days yet and it may be possible to make a few adjustments.

Please give it another go, if only for people like me who have enjoyed immensely your previous contributions on this forum.

Why not be like me and use both forums and have the best of both worlds?

All the best, Nev.

• bromelia2010
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hola

Thank you

This bromeliad sent me to Guatemala, has not yet given its inflorescence. I thought it might be a Aechmea...it have serrated margins ..could be??? Tomorrow I am taking other photos.

I'm new here, what is this new forum?

Saludos desde Nicaragua

• splinter1804
    13 years ago

Hi bromelia2010

If you look at the posting on this page for "New improved brom forum" (its about twenty postings back) everything will be explained. I find it good to be on both forums as they are both great tools for gaining knowledge.

This forum is the original and had been going for some years before I joined and I find it a wealth of information, especially in the archives under the heading of "Next thirty messages" see listing at the bottom of the page.

The new forum has only been going a short while and is becoming quite popular with a lot of the members from this forum joining it also.

All the best, Nev.

• hotdiggetydam
    13 years ago

bromelia I agree with you its probaly an aechmea...maybe mulfordii. Hard to tell without better photo view and no flower

• tomas
    13 years ago

Hi Jack,

"I can't stand the new site ,and although I logged on ,there is no hope in hell I will use it , it awfull to use ."

I just posted a wrong message in the Good bromeliad nursery Thailand thread here and I cannot correct it, I cannot cancel it, I cannot post a new message twice without changing the title. I cannot even quote you here. I find it normal that people leave old for better. Smile (No smile possible here)

Tomas

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions