Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calling Coolangatta ?

Posted by graykiwi (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 10, 09 at 3:45

Hey there fellow Aussie GWebbers...
I am off to the Gold Coast for a week's holiday this Sat 14th, staying at Coolangatta main beach with the family. Was just wondering if there are any Brom gardens/nurseries close by in case I have a spare hour or 3 to kill and snap some pics etc ? We are hiring a van, so I can make short trips and we are going up the highway to do the "theme park" deal on 3 of the days during the week. Any pointers on places to visit would be great !
Cheers
Graeme

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calling Coolangatta ?

Graeme,

Brisbane has a couple of nice free gardens, Mount Coot-tha and Roma street parklands.

I would try and have a look through the Gold Coast hinterland, Tamborine Mountain and maybe have a beer/meal at St Bernards Hotel or the Eagle Heights brewery.

Cheers,

Rick

Here is a link that might be useful: Tamborine Mountain

o

Hi Rick

Have a look at the Gold Coast Succulent & Bromeliad Society web site & check for nurseries & contacts.

Pinkbroms

o

Graeme,
If you could only go to one brom garden or nursery in the Gold Coast area, I reckon John Catlan and Genny Vauhkonen's nursery would more than satisfy your holiday brom-hit - and nearby is the lovely home brom garden of Greg and Narelle Aizlewood. They all live just north of "Dream World" theme park, off the highway.
If it didn't get you in too much trouble, you could drop the family off at Dream World early morn, go to the above people's places, then pick up the fam at end of day on your way back to Coolangatta.
If you are prepared to drive further, you and fam are most welcome to visit my place - about 1.5 hours drive south of Coolangatta - at The Channon (near Nimbin). Protestors Falls and Nightcap National Park are just up the road from me, as well.

If you are interested in any of the above, email me for contact details. Regardless, have a great holiday!

Kerry :)

o

Thanks all for the kind advice. Would love to do as you say Kerry, except I might struggle to fit extra travelling in with 3 theme parks in a week and 3 kids to please! Will see how I go, you never know...
Cheers
Graeme

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here