Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaga_gw

Broms in the Park 2008

jaga
15 years ago

Once again we were treated to a wonderful day out at the fabulous Totara Waters for 2008 Broms in the Park. Below a few images from the day

Auction Plants

{{gwi:514155}}

Close up of a V Tasman Hybrid being auctioned

{{gwi:514157}}

A popular workshop on hybridising being run by Devo

{{gwi:514158}}

A stunning Vriesea Phillip Foster in the garden

{{gwi:514159}}

Comments (18)

• hotdiggetydam
    15 years ago

Drooooooooooooooool.............

• jaga
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey you had better be careful Hdd, is it the 'plants' or 'Devo' you're drooooooooooooooo!! over??? LOL

• kerry_t_australia
    15 years ago

Thanks John and Agatha! Looks like another great day at Totara Waters. Those vrieseas are simply divine - and Devo's not bad either - LOL

What type of prices did those broms go for on auction? Did you successfully bid on any??

I just love that Vr. Phillip Foster! What a unique foliage vriesea....sigh!...

Cheers,
    Kerry

• hanwc
    15 years ago

John, very nice pictures. Time passed so fast I still remember those wonderful pictures from you for the Broms in the Park 2007.

Anymore pictures?! Did you get anything?

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

Thanks, jaga. It's always nice to be able to put a face to a name, but I'm afraid Andrew just got upstaged by Phillip Foster!

That is one stunning hybrid! Somebody needs to put that into tissue culture.

• hotdiggetydam
    15 years ago

I drooled on Phillip Poster

• neomea
    15 years ago

Allo!!!! Those Vriesia are beaut!

• udo69
    15 years ago

Hi all,

Very nice plants Jaga and also great work Devo!

I love all Vriesia but unfortunately can't grow well here in Thailand.

We just establish a Thai blomeliad club and the brom. show will be held on 21-23 this month. We hope that many people will get knowledges about Brom. and join the club. Brom. lovers would increase to a large number that we can set up a Thai bromeliad society.

Cheers
    Yong

• devo_2006
    15 years ago

Usually itÂs my kids upstaging meÂbut in this case IÂm happy itÂs a brom, especially a first-rate one like Philip Foster!

It really was a fantastic day, and the garden was perfectly presented, showing off an extensive collection of broms, which are all displayed in the skillfully landscaped grounds. It was encouraging to see that these amazing plants continue to generate such a high level of interest & fascination. There was a great range of broms available for sale, plants were being purchased by the box load, and some very good prices were paid for the 18 or so plants sold in the auctionÂspeaking of whichÂI did notice that most of the auction plants were in fact neoÂs

Yong, I wish you all the best with your new bromeliad club, IÂm sure that with your enthusiasm & knowledge, the club will do very well.

Cheers, -Andrew.

• avane_gw
    15 years ago

Thanks for showing us, John & Agatha!

I also droool over Philip Foster! And I second Yong for some more pictures. Do you have the names of the auction plants? I am interested to know what is that green one with the large red tips, looks like plant nr 13.

Andrew, and even if the plant upstaged you, I will always remember you for showing the first Philip Foster I ever saw! I would have loved to attend your workshop.

Japie

• jaga
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi all- as requested some more pics- we did not get too many shots of the garden as we had already shown that last year. Will try to find out about that plant for you Japie.

More on auction plants.

Neo Gold Lotto
    {{gwi:514160}}

Neo Blushing Tiger- the most hotly contested for plant!
    {{gwi:514161}}

A nice White tasman
    {{gwi:514162}}
    A nice clump of N. Annicks
    {{gwi:514163}}

Another one of Phillip Foster with a Heiroglyphica in the foreground
    {{gwi:514164}}

• bromadams
    15 years ago

Those Annicks look a lot like Dongers.

• neomea
    15 years ago

Devo: I am really upset that you can grow heiroglyphica in what looks to be a lot of sun!!! Here they wouldnt last very long...

Thanks for the additional pics...

• splinter1804
    15 years ago

Hi Jaga - Thanks for the pics. How much did the Tasman hybrid go for?
    Sorry I couldn't come over and bid for it but I would have quite happily settled for Neo Gold Lotto as second place.

All the best, Nev.

• jaga
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Japie, the Neo in queation is Camelot. Young, best of luck with the brom club- judging by your shows it should be a great success. We have brought a few Kiwi Vrieseas to Malaysia (Agatha's family home) & will update on how they turn out.

Here's a promising new Vriesea we got from broms in the park - it's the V. Vistarella, a cross between Vista & Marcella created by Peter Coyle from Totara Waters.
    {{gwi:514165}}

• jaga
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here's another example of a Vr 'Philip Foster red' for every one to enjoy.

{{gwi:514166}}

• kerry_t_australia
    15 years ago

Oooooh!.....

Philip Foster....the man of my dreams!

Lustfully,
    K xx

• brom_phil
    15 years ago

dam i want the Vriesea Phillip Foster it has my name in it so it has to be good

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA
More Discussions