Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID for tillie #1?

Posted by paul_ z5 MI (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 20, 13 at 17:06

Hello, hello!
A kind gent sent me some Tillandsia to try out in my terrs. Unfortunately, he has no idea what species they might be. Hoping the brom-gurus here might be able to enlighten me. I have a separate post for each.

If there is a different angle or plant part for which a photo might be useful please let me know. (No idea what the flowers would look like.)

So here is Till. #1

Nov 2013 photo NoIDBrom1asm_zps8437b8f4.jpg

Nov 2013 photo NoIDBrom1bsm_zps9075f315.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID for tillie #1?

Possibly T. festucoides or T. juncea.

o

T. setacea

o

gotta give Gonzer A+ this 1's T Setacea
cliff

o

I bet "festucoides" is the real name of what was sold to me as "grassifolia". My plant is shorter than yours, but may be younger. It's easy to separate young plants off the main plant, and mine all seem happy. I think they chat with the juncea, which may be distant cousins.

o

'Grassifolia' is just a random name picked from a hat for sales purposes.

o

Thanks for the IDing, folks! Some of these look so much alike to me (like my #3 which apparently has several options), that I'd be at a loss in many case even to narrow down the playing field.

photo thanksgiving_dinner_at_smileys_zps1d20ba19.gif

o

Bartramii

o

It is not T. bartramii.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here