Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Id Please & Can I Use Crazy Glue???

Posted by cattleya17 6b/NY (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 5, 08 at 17:49

Hello my friend asked me if i grew air plants and i said no. so she sent me one! and its really awesome but no roots! i understand that roots are there only to anchor the plants not to take up water or deliver nutrients. the leaves do all that. so i was wondering, this little guy only has a stub where she tore it off i guess?? im new to air plants and did research. so i was hoping you could maybe id it as well ill include pics! can i use crazy glue or a glue gun to attach it to something??? Thanks in advance for all the help!!!!! Also as im sure you can tell by the pics it fits in the palm of my hand. hehehe once again thank you so so so much for the help (In Advance) i totally appreciate it!

Air Plant

The Stubs
Air Plant

Air Plant

Air Plant

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Id Please & Can I Use Crazy Glue???

I wouldn't use crazy glue....mono filament fish line is an option...liquid nails...E6000 are good to hold them in place until they attach to the stone or wood you mount to. Nothing is permenant if it is constantly wet...once the roots attach then the plant should be stable

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here