Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lisa, how's this?

Posted by gonzer (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 18:48

Is Darth gettin' that tubular look you like?

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lisa, how's this?

Those are some big buggers Gonz. Looking good.
-andy

o

Holy crap, how big is that pot, Gonz???? If that's a gallon, those are about twice the size of my Darths!

o

Yeah, it's a 1G pot. I gave it and others a few applications of "Cactus Juice" 1-7-6 as a test and, well, I'm pretty stoked with the results. Maybe since they're hanging now the extra air circulation helps too.

o

Those are looking really good Gonzer. I have been using a Cactus fertilizer of about the same strength with good results.

o

Is that a foliar application, Gonzer? How often? 1-7-6 seems pretty weak to be seeing that much green on the leaf.

o

The green leaves are leftover from my experiment last year using Gro-Power 5-3-1 for turf. Remember it caused an outbreak of off-sets minus the coloration? The "Juice" was used with regular watering at 1/2 strength every 2 weeks for 6 weeks (3 apps). I'll get some pics of some other Bills that show some pretty fine coloring, especially 'Watermelon Man'.

o

No ph concerns from the solution or possible salt buildup on leafsheaths?

o

Here's a couple that took a shine to the cactus elixir.

Purple Haze
Photobucket

Zinger
Photobucket

Fantasia
Photobucket

Sangre
Photobucket

Watermelon Man
Photobucket

Arribella
Photobucket

gratuitous Tillandsia shot
Photobucket

o

Can a Tillandsia ever be gratuitous?

o

Gonzer at al,

have you experimented with fertilizer that has low middle number (low P in NPK) such as e.g. 1-1-6 versus P being the biggest number like in Cactus Juice?

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here