Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
houstonpat

Basket of broms

houstonpat
15 years ago

A mixed basket I took a photo of tonight before I donate it for a raffle tomorrow.

{{gwi:515579}}

Comments (12)

• kerry_t_australia
    15 years ago

Nice looking raffle prize - a generous donation!

Are those bronze-coloured broms on left xCryptbergias?

K

• houstonpat
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Kerry, Beats me about the bronze broms. Got it at a bomeliad society sale. I'll be moving in a year so I'm taking opportunities to give away plants.

• funinthesunincl
    15 years ago

Hi Patrick...

That basket is BEAUTIFUL!!! The winner will sure be lucky to receive that beauty!!! The combination of the various plants & color combo is very striking!!!

You say you are moving---will you still be in an area where you will be able to enjoy your tropicals?

Do you remember me..Mary Jane, from the plumeria forum. My Aztec Golds are doing great that you gave me this past summer!
    I started a couple broms this summer also- I believe the one is a neoregelia-Super Fireball and the other is a NOID w/many pups I purchased from a plant/garage sale. Would you be interested in a trade--or if you are looking to 'place' any plants, would you keep me in mind?

Anyway...love that basket!!! Great job putting that together!!!

Mary Jane

• houstonpat
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Mary Jane. Generally not interested in trades as I'm trying to down size. Lots of give aways, incl. fruiting size Pineapple.

• funinthesunincl
    15 years ago

Patrick...

Please let me know if you want to 'give away' anything if you are not interested in any trades. --I would be very interested in pineapples, broms, plumeria, anything!!! I live in Clear Lake & don't live to far from where you work.

Patrick...any 'secrets' in putting together the broms basket you pictured? I would love to make one!! Yours turned out fantastic!! Any websites you can refer me to or do you have any special/helpful tips?

Thanks! Mary Jane

• hotdiggetydam
    15 years ago

Fun you must be near me if you are in CLC

• funinthesunincl
    15 years ago

And 'where' might you be-in CLC also?

MJ

• brom_todd
    15 years ago

The wee bronze ones look exactly like Cyrptbergia 'Red Burst' to me. Looks like a nice prize for someone :-)

• lovelyiris
    15 years ago

Hey Houstonpat,
    If you have any more bromeliads that you want to get rid of I'd be willing to pay postage and make a donation to you.

I am a Bromeliad Newbie and I just can't wait to get my hands on as many different ones as I can.

I'm making the baskets of bromeliads to go in my huge oak trees on my place. Since I'm new to them, my baskets look nothing like yours and I certainly don't have any of those bromeliads (YET) LOL

Today I was told the names of the few I have recently purchased. I really started buying them about 2 weeks ago.So far these are the ones I have:

Neo Tricolor
    Neo Tangerine
    Gold Fever
    Tossed Salad
    Billbergia Nutans
    Vriesea ?
    Vriesea Hybrid
    ? Chantini dark green-almost black and greyish-silver)
    And several NOIDS.

Please get back with me if you are willing to part with anymore of your Bromes.

Thank You in advance,
    Marian

• neomea
    15 years ago

Hi All

OK - what are NOIDS?

Thanks!

• hotdiggetydam
    15 years ago

Neomea it means NO ID's (no identification)

• neomea
    15 years ago

Thanks HDD.....

Sponsored
Dig Doug's Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Williamsburg's Leading, Award-Winning Landscape Designer Since 1987
More Discussions