Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
End of season Pineapples

Posted by houstonpat 9a (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 2, 08 at 21:51

Not sure if I'll try to hold these on the plant through the winter here in Houston. Another month of summer and they'd be ripe on the plant. They take up a bit of room, but the taste of plant ripened is like candy.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: End of season Pineapples

wow, wow is all i can say i want one how old/size do they have be before they flower

o

Thanks Phil. Here in Houston it takes about 2 years from cutting the top off a pineapple to first flower/fruit. Then a plant will make a couple Pineapples each following year.

o

kool so i got another year for my two "sick looking dog food ones" to flower my dogs think there chew toys

o

brom_phil you have more dogs?

o

My brother on Oahu has trouble growing pineapples in an area that used to be a pineapple field. His dogs go crazy after them. I also have found varmits are fond of them. I now wrap mine in chicken wire when they start to get ripe.

o

nope my last ones arfe still finding them still havt put up the fence yet. i need to wait a fortnight as i cinked a mussle in my neck and cant realy move it much at the moment.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here