Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Variegated pineapple 'Ivory Coast' ?

Posted by lyndi_whye 10 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 12, 09 at 4:56

Found this ornamental pineapple at a local nusery, just wondering if it could be "Ivory Coast". I was told the fruit is red.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Variegated pineapple 'Ivory Coast' ?

I dunno, it doesn't look much like the FCBS pic to me. Whatever it is, I have one too (no tag).

o

Lisa, thanks!

o

• Posted by donaldb 5B Worcester, MA (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 14, 09 at 10:13

Looks like Ivory Coast to me as I have one that has not "born" any fruit but my foliage is identical to your pic.

o

My Ivory coast is spineless and has very relaxed leaves. Also a very large plants

o

Hi Lyndi,

There are so many varieties of variegate Ananus here in Thailand. Most are from mutations of pineapple crops. Your plant looks like one of mine. Ivory Coast looks different. As HDD said, It's spineless and a very big plant. It's an albomarginate plant but don't have red margin like yours. I will show you next week after taking photos of my plant. ;-)

Cheers
Yong

o

Thanks for all your input! Yong, you are right, there are so many variations at the nursery; some are of darker green and others are totally red but this lime green albo one caught my eyes. Thanks again!

o

Hello Lyndi,

Here is A.'Ivory Coast' 2 plants of mine. They both are spineless and albomarginata. Turning red when place full sun.
Ananus 'Ivory Coast 1
Ananus 'Ivory Coast 2

This is an unknow variegate ananus I bought from Nong Nooch tropical garden this year.
Ananus albomarginata

There are a lot of variegate Ananus in Thailand. My friend've had a big collection of this plants.

Cheers
Yong

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here