Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gonzer_gw

plant photography just got better

gonzer_gw
15 years ago

Christmas brought me a totally unexpected gift, a Nikon D60 SLR camera with an additional Nikkor 55-200 mm zoom lens attachment. Boy, I think my photos just might improve a bit.

Watch out Japie!

Comments (11)

• hotdiggetydam
    15 years ago

Its not all in the camera gonzer..It will be hard for you to top your previous photo's ..you have the "EYE" for a good picture

• avane_gw
    15 years ago

Wonderful Gonzer! I'm very envious about that 55-200 eye. So how about getting out there and show us what you 'see'?

Japie

• gonzer_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Granted, I'm just getting used to the feel of it. It's not like the skinny "point and shoot". These are without benefit of reading the manual but I do see an improvement. Hdd, thanks for the compliment.

{{gwi:519384}}

{{gwi:498315}}

{{gwi:519386}}

{{gwi:519390}}

• bromadams
    15 years ago

I got a new DSLR a few months back and it's been a challenge to take better pictures. I had to go back and relearn all my old photograph knowledge. With a P&S you don't have many options, but with the DSLR you have too many options. I still haven't really figured out what to do with a histogram but I guess it's time for me to read up on it.

• rickta66
    15 years ago

Gonzer,

Nice photos, it looks like we will all get to share your present.

Rick

• splinter1804
    15 years ago

Hi Gonzer - I didn't see anything wrong with the pic's you took with your previous camera; but then maybe this one has more of the technical stuff I don't understand. The initial shots certainly look promising.

You better watch out Stephania, Gonz is coming to challenge you!

All the best, Nev.

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

Super shot of that ionantha, gonz!

I don't think a new camera is going to help me unless it comes with a free geek to tell me what settings to use, and a new set of eyeballs to see the tiny icons.

• gonzer_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lisa, the camera did come with a one year loan of one of Best Buys Geek Squadé guys. They just don't know it yet. Here are some more trials.

{{gwi:519391}}

a close-up of a tillandsia root

{{gwi:519393}}

{{gwi:515006}}

{{gwi:482532}}

• splinter1804
    15 years ago

Excellent clarity Gonz. All the best Nev.

• mike4284m
    15 years ago

Today was my first chance to check in post Christmas and wow! That's probably the best picture of a variegated ionantha I've seen. I wish I could conjur up enough reasons and cash to get a SLR, maybe someday.

• lovelyiris
    15 years ago

Hey Gonz I what are you going to do with your old camera? The one I have is one of the first digital cameras that came out. It's on it's last legggggggggg. LOL

Beautiful photography. I'm trying to save the money to buy me a new camera that will go with my 300-500 canon zoom lens. It should take some good shots if I can ever afford a digital camera to replace my old reg canon camera. They tell me that I can use all my old acessories lens with the digital cameras. That would be awesome as I gave a pretty penny for them.

Please keep posting all the photos so we can keep drooling.
    Best Regards, Marian

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?
More Discussions