Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avane_gw

Visitor

avane_gw
15 years ago

Some one came to inspect my plants in the shade house today - I found him busy with my most expensive plant, Neo David & Sherlette:

{{gwi:520946}}

{{gwi:520948}}

{{gwi:520950}}

And then moving on to another precious plant, one that I am very anxious for to flower, carolinae Red variegated:

{{gwi:520952}}

Japie

Comments (23)

• devo_2006
    15 years ago

He's a very cool little guy Japie, and he's even taken on the variegated colouration. Your 2nd pic is excellent, showing amazing detail of your visitor.

• kerry_t_australia
    15 years ago

Ditto on Andrew's comments, Japie! Excellent photography :)

I love him! Is he a chameleon? He won't damage/eat your precious ones, will he?

K

• sander_s
    15 years ago

Mooi! Een verkleurmannetje!

Sander

• hotdiggetydam
    15 years ago

Oh what a lovely earring :)

• ghundu88
    15 years ago

That's a really beautiful pink variegated chameleon!

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

Ha! I wouldn't have thought any chameleon could take on the colors of those Neos, but he's managed it. What color are his stripes when he's sitting on something else?

• lovelyiris
    15 years ago

I think the little booger is a keeper. Both are beautiful and I have to agree with all the others. Your photography work is great!

I would think she's in there filling up on BUGS. HDD if we're going to wear it as earrings we need a pair. LOL

Marian

• hotdiggetydam
    15 years ago

LOl well not really Marian..now days one is acceptable

• neomea
    15 years ago

He is pretty...

Kerry...the eats insects...not broms, how could you! :-)

Cheers

Dennis

• neomea
    15 years ago

He is pretty...

Kerry...THEY eat insects...not broms, how could you! :-)

Cheers

Dennis

• stephania
    15 years ago

WOW...love that cool rep. (*_*)

• avane_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lisa, when they are on green plants, they usually have a lime green colour with a lemon yellow stripe down the sides.

HDD, wonderful idea, I am just not so sure the little guy will be content hanging there on your ear without climbing to sit on top of your head!!

And yes, Kerry, they eat only insects. You should see them catching flies! They have looooong tongues rolled up in their mouths and then they shoot it out with lightning fast speed, contrary to all their movements, to catch it's prey. And they move so slow and gentle that they cannot damage anything!

Sander, dis tog so n mooi woord vir my, n mannetjie wat kan verkleur!

And something completely off topic now, I just had a nice, long bath with jets of bubbles messaging my tired body that played Garden Maid this whole day and this is the view I had from the bath:

{{gwi:520954}}

{{gwi:520957}}

Japie

• splinter1804
    15 years ago

Hi avane - I was going to say what everyone else said.

All the best, Nev.

• hotdiggetydam
    15 years ago

Plane tickets for all to Avane's house if he keeps sending these pictures out he will have to send tickets too....

• lovelyiris
    15 years ago

I'm packing my bags right now HDD, for the trip. Do you want me to take the stop over flight to Houston and meet you there? We could fly to Japie's together, and who knows, maybe come home with some new plants and new earrings! LOL

Now where did you say he lives????
    Marian

• mike4284m
    15 years ago

Beautiful Cham! Any idea on the species Japie?

• avane_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mike, I have no idea of the species, sorry.

HDD, no problem. I just need all the prsonal info as well as the relaive credit card numbers then I will arrange the tickets!

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

Well, I have the address, but it's about as close to the complete opposite side of the globe as anyone could be from me! Can somebody send a SST to pick me up?

• mike4284m
    15 years ago

Just incase anyone else was curious, Japie's little friend is most probably a subspecies of Bradypodion pumilum, sporting a racing stripe of course.

• neomea
    15 years ago

Hi Guys

Japie Loveley sunset!

We had similar little guys in Port Elizabeth when I lived there....Cape dwarf chameleons? The colours were slightly different.....Here (KZN province) the introduced pest, the Indian mynah bird has decimated our local chameleon species...though I have had a few in my garden the "bush" is thick enough and green enough to hide them very well.

Now see pic below....I had a visitor of my own...LOL

{{gwi:520960}}

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

Oh, I like him, Dennis! He doesn't seem to be blending in very well though. Time to start breeding some blue and orange Neos.

BTW, what is that he's sitting on, correia-araujoi A-M? It has much better color than the one I saw in Florida.

• kerry_t_australia
    15 years ago

LOL! Very funny Dennis! - now THAT would make a great earring!

K

• neomea
    15 years ago

Hi All

Lisa-I wouldnt mind a blue Neo!

Ja he is on correia-araujoi A-M. Much prettier plant that what I expected to tell the truth!

Thanks Kerry-might be a bit heavy..

Dennis