Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Visitor

Posted by avane Cape Town (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 4, 08 at 16:20

Some one came to inspect my plants in the shade house today - I found him busy with my most expensive plant, Neo David & Sherlette:

Neo David & Sherlette

Posing

Looking for another

And then moving on to another precious plant, one that I am very anxious for to flower, carolinae Red variegated:

Neo caroliinae Red variegated

Japie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Visitor

He's a very cool little guy Japie, and he's even taken on the variegated colouration. Your 2nd pic is excellent, showing amazing detail of your visitor.

o

Ditto on Andrew's comments, Japie! Excellent photography :)

I love him! Is he a chameleon? He won't damage/eat your precious ones, will he?

K

o

Mooi! Een verkleurmannetje!

Sander

o

Oh what a lovely earring :)

o

That's a really beautiful pink variegated chameleon!

o

Ha! I wouldn't have thought any chameleon could take on the colors of those Neos, but he's managed it. What color are his stripes when he's sitting on something else?

o

I think the little booger is a keeper. Both are beautiful and I have to agree with all the others. Your photography work is great!

I would think she's in there filling up on BUGS. HDD if we're going to wear it as earrings we need a pair. LOL

Marian

o

LOl well not really Marian..now days one is acceptable

o

He is pretty...

Kerry...the eats insects...not broms, how could you! :-)

Cheers

Dennis

o
RE: Visitor1

He is pretty...

Kerry...THEY eat insects...not broms, how could you! :-)

Cheers

Dennis

o

WOW...love that cool rep. (*_*)

o

Lisa, when they are on green plants, they usually have a lime green colour with a lemon yellow stripe down the sides.

HDD, wonderful idea, I am just not so sure the little guy will be content hanging there on your ear without climbing to sit on top of your head!!

And yes, Kerry, they eat only insects. You should see them catching flies! They have looooong tongues rolled up in their mouths and then they shoot it out with lightning fast speed, contrary to all their movements, to catch it's prey. And they move so slow and gentle that they cannot damage anything!

Sander, dis tog so n mooi woord vir my, n mannetjie wat kan verkleur!

And something completely off topic now, I just had a nice, long bath with jets of bubbles messaging my tired body that played Garden Maid this whole day and this is the view I had from the bath:

Table Mountain at Sunset

Table Mountain at Sunset

Japie

o

Hi avane - I was going to say what everyone else said.

All the best, Nev.

o

Plane tickets for all to Avane's house if he keeps sending these pictures out he will have to send tickets too....

o

I'm packing my bags right now HDD, for the trip. Do you want me to take the stop over flight to Houston and meet you there? We could fly to Japie's together, and who knows, maybe come home with some new plants and new earrings! LOL

Now where did you say he lives????
Marian

o

Beautiful Cham! Any idea on the species Japie?

o

Mike, I have no idea of the species, sorry.

HDD, no problem. I just need all the prsonal info as well as the relaive credit card numbers then I will arrange the tickets!

o

Well, I have the address, but it's about as close to the complete opposite side of the globe as anyone could be from me! Can somebody send a SST to pick me up?

o

Just incase anyone else was curious, Japie's little friend is most probably a subspecies of Bradypodion pumilum, sporting a racing stripe of course.

o

Hi Guys

Japie Loveley sunset!

We had similar little guys in Port Elizabeth when I lived there....Cape dwarf chameleons? The colours were slightly different.....Here (KZN province) the introduced pest, the Indian mynah bird has decimated our local chameleon species...though I have had a few in my garden the "bush" is thick enough and green enough to hide them very well.

Now see pic below....I had a visitor of my own...LOL

Photobucket

o

Oh, I like him, Dennis! He doesn't seem to be blending in very well though. Time to start breeding some blue and orange Neos.

BTW, what is that he's sitting on, correia-araujoi A-M? It has much better color than the one I saw in Florida.

o

LOL! Very funny Dennis! - now THAT would make a great earring!

K

o
RE: Visitor 1

Hi All

Lisa-I wouldnt mind a blue Neo!

Ja he is on correia-araujoi A-M. Much prettier plant that what I expected to tell the truth!

Thanks Kerry-might be a bit heavy..

Dennis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here