hotdiggetydam

Lisa recognise this one?

hotdiggetydam
15 years ago

{{gwi:521101}}

Comments (24)

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

Hmmm...... the center looks a bit like Unfinished Business, but I've never gotten those hot colors on that one.

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That be the one Its a good plant...all the plants look like these...good pupper for me

• User
    15 years ago

Yowza!

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

Good, I'm glad it's doing well for you! I had some misgivings about releasing that one.

• inang
    15 years ago

Lisa, do you mind telling what is this? I might as well ask for the name of that dark bill also posted by HDD, Dec 04, thanks!

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The dark bill has not been named yet,,the plant on this post is Lisa's cross (Royal Prince x Ted's #7) x Treasure Chest if my tag is correct..Nicknamed 'Unfinished Business'

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

Not registered yet, but that is its real name: Unfinished Business. And yes, you have the formula right, HDD.

I'll try to get a photo of mine, it looks pretty different except for the very center.

• avane_gw
    15 years ago

Lisa, you better get that registered and released as I am sure here in our climate it will also look very 'finished' like HDD's picture!

Japie

• bromeliaddict
    15 years ago

A good pupper, eh? I think it will be very much in demand! Lisa- that's a real standout plant! I second the motion to register!

Paul

• inang
    15 years ago

Thanks, HDD and Lisa and also for all the infos you have been posting.

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

Thanks Paul and Japie. I may have to borrow HDD's photo if I want to catch anybody's attention though. Mine has better form but it does not get that kind of bright color, and the lower leaves always look, well... unfinished. I've attempted a couple of crosses with it to try to "finish" it, but so far no luck.

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

Okay, here's what mine looks like at the moment. I've always liked the center part, but the outside leaves........ not so much.

{{gwi:521103}}

If I could get the form of mine and the colors of HDD's plant, then we'd have something!

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    15 years ago

And just what do you think is wrong with your plant?

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

I just don't like the muddy appearance of the outer leaves. If they either retained the same color as the inner portion, or went a nice overall dark color, it would look much more "finished".

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I like the under leaf coloration...it makes the crown more dramatic...but thats just me. You can send the plant here I will love and cherish it LOL

• avane_gw
    15 years ago

Lisa, now in my humble opinion, if the outer leaves had the same appearance as the central ones, you would have achieved that "artificially perfect" look. The colour of the leaves fading away, gives it depth. Some sort of 'movement'. As HDD says, it does make the crown seems even more vibrant. The form is stunning!

Japie

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

Yes, but I WANT "artificially perfect", and so do my local customers. The average buyer at our sales is not interested in depth or movement. They wouldn't know subtlety if it hit them over the head!

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thats ok...just keep shipping them to those of us that do :)
    And buy them some plactic flowers :)~

• splinter1804
    15 years ago

Hi Lisa - Beautiful form! Yes you can send some to us in Australia as well, I'm sure we could all accommodate them.

All the best, Nev.

• lovelyiris
    15 years ago

Send me one too Lisa. I'll send you some of the artifical flowers for your local customers.

I love the entire plant and wouldn't change anything about it....except for the water in it's cup once a week. (big grin)

Marian

I want one of those for Christmas. I promise I've been a good girl. Psssst HDD I noticed you have two, wanna share one of them with me?

Happy Gardening and all that stuff!

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Marion mine will never look like Lisa's plant,,,I have a different clone of her grex I do believe...but maybe she will ship some of the other clone next year :)

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

I don't think it's a different clone, HDD. I only kept that one, and that's the one I sent to Michael. He may have picked one up under formula several years ago when he was here. I don't remember that, but even if he did, it should still be the same one.

Here's an old picture of a younger plant. That's about the closest it's ever come to looking like yours.

{{gwi:521106}}

As with any of my stuff, if you want it, just ask him. If he doesn't have enough then he'll ask me and I'll start propagating more. That's how it works! It may take some time, but since I have a limited amount of space I try to focus on what he tells me he can sell, rather than sending him a bunch of stuff he doesn't want.

• hotdiggetydam
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I know the drill LOL,,,,if the clones are teh same I will start working on the other pup for confirmation and see what happens

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

Yeah, I know you know the drill. That's just for anyone who doesn't.... ;-)

Sponsored
More Discussions