Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bromadams

flashlight and cups

bromadams
15 years ago

This morning I noticed one of my newer Androlepis flowering so tonight I stepped out into my atrium with a flash light and checked my old atrium bound Androlepis for any signs of flowering and what I found was cloudy water in the cup. I quickly check the other 40 or so plants in the atrium and only one other one had a cloudy cup. I must say that the flash light works pretty well and really lets you see into the cup without all the normal reflection you get during the day.

The Androlepis is too big to tip over and dump so I poured in a gallon of water and then added 2 drops of a pool algaecide that I have. I've used this pool algaecide once before and it seemed to work, but it does concern me. I have been looking for some physan-20 but I just haven't acquired it yet.

The algaecide's active ingredient is: Poly(oxyethylene) (dimethylimino) ethylene (dimethylimino) ethylene dichloride. I wonder if the ethylene might be a good thing and encourage flowering. However, I have no idea on the proper amount to use to clear up the cloudy water and not harm the plant.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz
More Discussions