Houzz Logo Print
brommad16

ID some Neo's Please

brommad16
14 years ago

Hi,

I have a few Broms needing ID

The 1st

I have posted pics of this brom last year for ID, but it has now matured and thought i would try again.

Any suggestions on what it might be would be greatly appreciated thanks

Brom 1

1st Pic is of a younger plant

{{gwi:523681}}

2nd was taken about a month ago as it started to colour

{{gwi:523683}}

And 3rd Pic taken last week

{{gwi:523685}}
The Following 3 were all bought up in QLD, so maybe some members from there can ID

Brom 2 What's my name

{{gwi:523687}}

Brom 3 What's my name

{{gwi:523689}}

Brom 4 What's My Name

{{gwi:523691}}

Comments (6)

• hotdiggetydam
    14 years ago

Brom 3 could be a Lambert's Pride or hybrid of it

• pinkbroms
    14 years ago

Hi Guys

#1 Neo. Break of Day ??

#2 Neo. Oh No Very Cherry

#3 Neo. Colour Parade

Pinkbroms

• brommad16
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Guys
    Thanks for the response
    I have about 80 of these broms (not the 1st one that was bought from a friend) which i bought from a man in (QLD) who apparently buys seeds, off who i have no idea he wasn't forthcoming in that aspect, but know one of our hybridizers lives in same town where these were bought from, he grows them from seeds, then sells at market for $2.50 per brom but of course no names and there not small although one problem was they were still in the seedling pots so you can imagine the recovery time they needed to eventually become what they are today after being stunted for I'd say 18 months or more in 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch pot, plus constant travel on back of a diesel ute had them coated in a film of diesel i'm sure

I may continue to add more to this thread as they colour up to see if anyone can put a ID on any,
    but realise they may also not even be registered.

Below are another couple, also unknown, but rather beautiful in my books.
    Brom # 4
    {{gwi:523693}}

{{gwi:523696}}

• LisaCLV
    14 years ago

If they're seedlings nobody's going to be able to ID them, since you have the only one of each of them.

The first one does look a bit like something I got as "Break of Day pink". I haven't been able to find any provenance on that name, however. Perhaps another F2 or sibling of BoD.

• brommad16
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Lisa
    i was beginning to think i may have the only ones of them due to being seedlings, but they make a nice display, just thought some may recognise some traits in them so i could put something on tag rather than brom 1, brom 2,and so forth.

• LisaCLV
    14 years ago

No, not with these types of hybrids, brommad. There are so many similar looking Neos that you could only narrow the parents down to maybe a couple thousand possibilities. ;-)

We do speculate about parentage here quite a bit, but even an educated guess should in no way be considered a valid ID. The more plants that get disseminated with incorrect names on the tags, the more confusion it creates for everyone else. You may want to have some idea of the genetics for your own purposes, but if you plant to share a pup with anyone else it's better to just have them tagged "Neo. hybrid".