Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Skotak Hybrids (?)

Posted by malleeaustralia (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 2, 09 at 22:15

G'day all. As much as anything this post is a test to see if I have the photo thingy figured out but would be great if anyone knows whether these two neo's have actual names. I have them both tagged as Skotak Hybrids (both from same seller). They are two of my fave broms so would be great to put a name to their faces (though still as nice without a name) or whether they are indeed known CS hybrids.

cheers folks and I hope pic works

Kristan

[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj304/kestamps/DSC_0395.jpg[/IMG]

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Skotak Hybrids (?)

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj304/kestamps/DSC_0395.jpg

o
RE: Skotak Hybrids (?) - try again

fingers crossed...

Photobucket

o
RE: Skotak Hybrids (?) and since

and since I thinks Ive got the hang of it...

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Kristran,

The redder one is possibly 'Predatress'.

Cheers,

Rick

o
cheers Rick

cheers Rick - with so many to look through on FCBS registry and being new (so many names etc still a whirlwind) such a quick response is fantastic and greatly appreciated. I won't overload the site with all my nameless broms (well maybe slowly lol) but is great to get a name for this lovely lass.

cheers
Kristan

o

Kristan, have you tried using the databases on FCBS? Rather than scrolling through the entire index of photos, you can use the search engine for whichever variable you want, i.e. all plants by a particular breeder, all plants with a particular seed parent or pollen parent (or both), all plants with the word "pink" or "little" or whatever in the name, etc. etc.

The Neos are on a separate database from everything else. My search for Skotak returned 140 Neos. Still quite a few, but manageable. See link below. You can also change the number of thumbnails you want per page.

Here is a link that might be useful: FCBS search results: Skotak hybrids

o

thanks for that Lisa - no I didn't realise you could search like that on the FCBS database. I was thinking earlier would be great if could search by hybridiser's name etc but was too dazzled by the pics to find that feature!

So, from the list of the other Skotaks the brom in first pic on left is looking most like Ink Well (except mine has a bit less ink) and Cherry Jam (though the white parts on mine seem a bit more chunky). I have another smaller plant from same seller which is similar but with a little more ink as well as a pup (not yet coloured) tagged as Cherry Jam so we'll see how they unfold by comparison.

cheers for that - I'm off to drool and dream some more at the FCBS site!

Kristan

o

Hi Guys

Kristan, the redder plant is Neo. Predatress & the other is Neo. Mauve Star.

Pinkbroms

o

cheers Pinkbroms - much appreciated.

Kristan

o

Spot on, Mr Pink!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here