Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
allan4519

Some seedlings for Christmas

allan4519
14 years ago

Hi all, just felt like posting something to the web.......

This seedling of B. domingos martins has been fed heavily and grown under 75% shade, hence not showing the heavy pink spotting in foliage;

{{gwi:524051}}

The next seedlings are of two crosses the first cross Billbergia domingos martins x Billbergia Windigig Special are the seedlings in the foreground.

The second cross are the result of a cross of Billbergia domingos martins x a sibling of the above seedlings (back cross) again all of these plants are fed heavily and grown under 75% shade cloth;

{{gwi:524054}}

The next image is of a very choice clone of Vriesea saundersii with an almost vertical flower scape;

{{gwi:524056}}

The last seedlings, apparently have a g rec name? I did not give them this name, though the seedlings which got thie grec name are very similar to these seedlings. These seedlings are thorn less and will most likely produce a inflorescence a bit like Aechmea fasciata even though they were produced from two neoregelia, as several seedlings like these have already flowered and they are quite consistent only these two are also producing foliage colour resulting from a failed attempt to induce flowering.

{{gwi:524059}}

well this is all from me for the season so hope you all enjoy the coming year that is if you escape the catastrophic weather, which seems to be part of life now. allan

Comments (4)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions