Neo. Milagro

{{gwi:524432}}

Neo. Mel's European Hybrid-I notice this plant will decline after a while

{{gwi:524435}}

Neo. LP X Carcharodon

{{gwi:524440}}

Neo. Neo. Pink Debbie

{{gwi:524445}}

Neo. Carch. Giant-Japie, I concede defeat!

{{gwi:524449}}

Neo. Blackout

{{gwi:524451}}

Neo. Little Rose

{{gwi:524454}}

Neo. Moonshine

{{gwi:524457}}

Neo. Mandela

{{gwi:524460}}

Neo. Pink Gold? (from BKK)

{{gwi:524463}}

Neo. Peggy's Peach

{{gwi:524466}}

Neo. Groves Red Tiger

{{gwi:524429}}

Albo one from Bangkok, anyone has the id?

{{gwi:524470}}

Neo. Roehr's best-finally coloured up after giving more light.

{{gwi:524472}}

Neo. Martha McCallister x PurpleStar (Cross#122)-purple tone missing

Neo. Golden Chalice -only yellow one which will turn yellow here.

Neo. Blushing Tiger-Nicely coloured up but can't get the pink bands like those in the Oz.

Neo. Carch. Tiger- I simply love this one

Neo. Carch. Rainbow-very proud of this one.

{{gwi:469413}}

Neo. Ludd. Mend

Neo. Good Show

Comments (16)

• vriesea
    14 years ago

Hi Lyndi ,I think that your 'Blushing Tiger '
    either needs more light or you have a very poor clone ,cool weather has never affected mine ( have been to -5 ) and extreme heat/light only colours it up more ,Pleased to see your 'Rhoers best' colouring up ,
    Jack

• malleeaustralia
    14 years ago

thanks for sharing Lindy - love the red tiger and the carch tiger - they look great!

all the best
    Kristan

• LisaCLV
    14 years ago

Well, there is only one clone of BT, so there's no good or bad clones. It is what it is. Mine often do the same thing, redden up and lose their stripes, particularly when fed and in bright light. It's actually the older ones pupping underneath the bench that have the best banding at my place. I'd give it less light and less food, rather than more.

Nice pics, Lyndi. Just out of curiosity, how cool does it get where you are?

• lyndi_whye
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks!Guys!

Lisa,

My weather tends to bring out the brown tone of some neos.
    Being near the equator, our cool is 24°C (75°F) with lots of drizzle and occassional storms. Relative humidity is high, about 60%.

• neomea
    14 years ago

Nice Lyndi!

Your idea of cool and mine are to completely different things!!! LOL

Your albo maybe King of hearts?

I am also very hesitant to put plant in too much sun but your Milagro and A. Mend will really benifit from some nice morning sun.

Your pink Debbie is looking great!

Cheers

Dennis

• rickta66
    14 years ago

Lyndi,

Lovely looking plants all round, I think your ???Pink Gold is most likely Red Gold.

Cheers,

Rick

• lyndi_whye
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Neomea, I think that's why Lisa asked how cool does it get here. Yes,I am slowing moving Milagro and A. Mend out for more morning sun.

Ah! Rick, yes, Neo. Red Gold. Must be the age thing. Thanks!

• lyndi_whye
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I found a picture of the albo one when I first got it from BKK.
    {{gwi:503417}}

and this is the Neo. Red Gold
    {{gwi:503416}}

• kerry_t_australia
    14 years ago

Looking great Lyndi!

I especially love your carcharodon varieties, and the double dose of Grove's Red Tiger - beautifully grown.

Does the LP of LP X carcharodon stand for Lambert's Pride? That is a beauty too! Well, they're all winners really.

Thanks for your winter show.

K :)

• udo69
    14 years ago

Hi Lyndi,

Wow! a fabulous collection. Here also in Thailand, the weather brings up the nice color to my plants. All broms love cool weather. I really love this period of the year. That's why many plant shows are held at this month. Thank for showing.

Cheers
    Yong

• lyndi_whye
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Kerrie! Yes, LP stands for Lambert's Pride though I am not sure if this great hybrid has been named yet.

Yong, I am very envious of your perfect growing conditions. One day, I would love to visit bromelaid nurseries and shows in Thailand. I guess bromeliads, epecially neos. are currently the 'IN' plants in Thailand. BTW, is there any big Bromeliad show in the coming months?

• splinter1804
    14 years ago

Hi Lyndi,

Nice clean looking plants you have there, thanks for sharing the pic's with us.

All the best, Nev.

• bromadams
    14 years ago

Help out somebody who lives on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean, what is SG?

BTW, I once found some ripe seed pods in a 'Little Rose'. I'm pretty sure it selfs.

• avane_gw
    14 years ago

Very nice Lyndi, thanks for showing!

Your Red Tiger has got beautiful colour. I agree with Dennis that you should give Milagro some more sun, and also for Black Out and Mandela

Black Out (with even more sun the tips get a really pitch black colour)
    {{gwi:524498}}

Neo Mandela
    {{gwi:524500}}

And I was thinking lately that I give up trying to get my Giant to colour up nicely, although the plant has nice form, I still feel it lacks that bronze/fish paste kind of colour!

Japie

• LisaCLV
    14 years ago

Click on Lyndi's member page, Nick. SG = Singapore
    Yeah, that was a new one on me too. ;-)

• lyndi_whye
    Original Author
    14 years ago

To be fair to Blushing Tiger, this was how it looked when I first got it. So it's the grower and not the plant.
    {{gwi:524502}}

Sponsored
More Discussions