Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
devo_2006

Dark Knight in the light of day

devo_2006
15 years ago

As I was working in my Âhome office this afternoon, I glanced outside to see this glowing brom. The afternoon sun was at just the right angle to backlight this Vr. Dark Knight, making its colours come alive, so I grabbed the camera, & got outside to take a few picÂs, here are a couple that come close to the effect I observed.

{{gwi:524903}}

{{gwi:524904}}

Comments (11)

• avane_gw
    15 years ago

Beautiful Andrew!! I suppose it will take some time before the South African sun will be allowed to illuminate those leaves!

Japie

• jaga
    15 years ago

Devo,
    Noticed it's in flower- you better rush out & use it for pollinating!

• kerry_t_australia
    15 years ago

Thanks Andrew! I just love Dark Knight - another subject of my dreams...

K

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

I'm waiting for Dark Knight to meet Phillip Foster and ride off into the sunset!

• avane_gw
    15 years ago

Lisa, I do like Philip very much and Dark Knight is not so bad either, but how did you know they are my type?!

• jaga
    15 years ago

Lisa,
    That sounds a bit gay but it can be arranged! Phillip Foster is still a bit young for The Knight but if pollen is saved the match can be arranged!!

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

Just call it Vrie-dar, Japie.

jaga: I hear the Knight likes 'em young, but don't tempt me...

• hotdiggetydam
    15 years ago

I cant wait till my Kiwi Vriesea's arrive.....pups of course...not nice big ones like knight

• devo_2006
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Actually, I'm hoping the Knight is a bit of a deviant, & takes a liking to some of our friends in the Alc. camp.

• avane_gw
    15 years ago

Andrew, you won't happen to have the real Philip in flower at the moment (philippo-coburghii)? I am sure that would make a stunning match!

Lisa, I cannot actually think that you once complained about all the names being taken, you are so fast with words!!

Japie

• lovelyiris
    15 years ago

You guys are killing me. I want at least one of each bromeliad picture ya'll post. The one's at the top of this page are breath taking ...ahhhh just blows my mind at how big and beautiful some of these babies can get. I have to get some of the plants that get that big.

I guess this bromeliad newbie is going to have to add these to her wish list for Christmas.

I don't know about ya'll but even at my age I still believe in Santa and I just know I'll get at least one of these in my stocking this year. After all I've been a very good girl. (ok, Old lady!)

I have so very much to learn and you folks make it kind of difficult for newbies to follow some of your Threads--- and lingo. (But I'm still trying to read everything ya'll say and attempt to understand it a little.)

My dreams are to have a few bromelaids as beautiful as ya'lls to grace my humble home. My small collection is growing...now if I can just keep them alive over the winter months I will have it made.

Happy Gardening to each of you,
    Marian

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations
More Discussions