Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dark Knight in the light of day…

Posted by devo_2006 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 3, 08 at 23:40

As I was working in my ‘home office’ this afternoon, I glanced outside to see this glowing brom. The afternoon sun was at just the right angle to backlight this Vr. Dark Knight, making its colours come alive, so I grabbed the camera, & got outside to take a few pic’s, here are a couple that come close to the effect I observed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dark Knight in the light of day…

Beautiful Andrew!! I suppose it will take some time before the South African sun will be allowed to illuminate those leaves!

Japie

o

Devo,
Noticed it's in flower- you better rush out & use it for pollinating!

o

Thanks Andrew! I just love Dark Knight - another subject of my dreams...

K

o

I'm waiting for Dark Knight to meet Phillip Foster and ride off into the sunset!

o

Lisa, I do like Philip very much and Dark Knight is not so bad either, but how did you know they are my type?!

o

Lisa,
That sounds a bit gay but it can be arranged! Phillip Foster is still a bit young for The Knight but if pollen is saved the match can be arranged!!

o

Just call it Vrie-dar, Japie.

jaga: I hear the Knight likes 'em young, but don't tempt me...

o

I cant wait till my Kiwi Vriesea's arrive.....pups of course...not nice big ones like knight

o

Actually, I'm hoping the Knight is a bit of a deviant, & takes a liking to some of our friends in the Alc. camp.

o

Andrew, you won't happen to have the real Philip in flower at the moment (philippo-coburghii)? I am sure that would make a stunning match!

Lisa, I cannot actually think that you once complained about all the names being taken, you are so fast with words!!

Japie

o

You guys are killing me. I want at least one of each bromeliad picture ya'll post. The one's at the top of this page are breath taking ...ahhhh just blows my mind at how big and beautiful some of these babies can get. I have to get some of the plants that get that big.

I guess this bromeliad newbie is going to have to add these to her wish list for Christmas.

I don't know about ya'll but even at my age I still believe in Santa and I just know I'll get at least one of these in my stocking this year. After all I've been a very good girl. (ok, Old lady!)

I have so very much to learn and you folks make it kind of difficult for newbies to follow some of your Threads--- and lingo. (But I'm still trying to read everything ya'll say and attempt to understand it a little.)

My dreams are to have a few bromelaids as beautiful as ya'lls to grace my humble home. My small collection is growing...now if I can just keep them alive over the winter months I will have it made.

Happy Gardening to each of you,
Marian

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here