Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Hardy Brugmansias for Project (dseuss,bmarsh,etc)

Posted by mwamsley Seattle z8 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 12, 09 at 18:21

Hi All-

I'm new here. I've really enjoyed the site!

I purchased a 'Charles Grimaldi' a few years ago at a gardening convention and have really enjoyed it. So much so that I would like to try some of these in ground in my mild 8b climate.

I have been reading these boards and other sites and came up with a list of varieties that have reportedly good cold tolerance. They are:

Betty Marshall
Dr. Seuss
Charles Grimaldi
Becca Lynn
Brugmansia sanguinea

others that have hardy blood:
(Charles Grimaldi) - 'Goldkrone', 'Goldrausch', 'Habanera', 'Luminosa', 'Marie Gerrits', 'Charisma', 'Feingold'
(Betty Marshall) - 'Kyle's Giant White'

If anybody has any of these and can spare a few cuttings for my project, I would happily send you postage or a pre-paid return envelope. I do have a few items to trade:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pAYkTzMX2aisAS4S9N2C1bQ

If I am missing any from my list that you have observed being particularly hardy, please let me know! A hardiness discussion would be great.

Thank You-

Mark
Seattle, WA

markwamsley
-at--
yahoo
dot
com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Hardy Brugmansias for Project (dseuss,bmarsh,etc)

Welcome Mark,
It's a bad time for sending cutting. Freezing weather will kill them.
I don't look in the exchange forum very often during this time of the year.
Jump over to the discussion side and introduce yourself.
We are friendly and want bite (hard) LOL
Welcome to the forum,
Dorothy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here