Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skipper08

WANTED: Well rooted brug plants-can't root a cutting!

Lisa Slavens
9 years ago

I love these plants and have tried multiple times to root cuttings I paid a lot for on ebay. Even bought some water rooted cuttings-no dice.
Four years ago I bought some nice plants, 14-18 inches tall and they done wonderful!! Didn't know I had to bring them in over the Winter!! Sad, my bad.
If anybody has some well started plants, I have a pretty good list of plants to trade. Any amount, any size start of anything I have and won't be dug up until I have a trade!
Getting mine to you.....I have shipped items and plants all over the US! Shipped a hood for a Chevy s-10, with a 4 inch cowl, to ALASKA!! That was fun...
So please...if you have some brugs, take a look at my list.

http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/skipper08

thanks much, lisa

Comments (26)

• beachplant
    9 years ago

Send me an e-mail in spring to remind me and I'll send you some rooted cuttings, I always have a ton of them around the yard. I have some other stuff on your list so I'll just fill up a box with stuff. Just pay postage. If you want me to mail this time of year I will but you will probably be better off waiting for spring.

Sorry I didn't see this posting earlier in the year.
    Tally HO!

• nature_gardener
    9 years ago

I do not have any burgs and would like to start one. The one I would like to have is Eternity or one similar. My favorite color in all plants is pink.

• beachplant
    8 years ago

Hello? I have sent you several e-mails since shipping your plants but have not heard back from you. The tracking number shows they were delivered. I would really appreciate it if you responded.

Thank you.

Tally

• nature_gardener
    8 years ago

I have not received any emails or plants. Are you sure you sent to right person?

• duane456
    8 years ago

There was a Lisa from Oregon that was ripping a lot of people off a couple of years ago.. Was the address from Turner Oregon? If so, kiss it goodbye.

• nature_gardener
    8 years ago

Have not had contact with anyone. I did post that I would like cuttings.

• beachplant
    8 years ago

This Lisa is from Missouri, pretty sure she is a rip-off artist. nature-gardener, who are you????

• nature_gardener
    8 years ago

I am Mildred, I live in Shreveport, La.

• beachplant
    8 years ago

finally heard back from Ms. Slavins claiming she never received any posts or emails from me. Yet, she received the plants and didn't bother to contact me.

Mildred, send me your address, if you pay for postage up front I will ship you cuttings and/or rooted plants in the next week or so.

Tally

• nature_gardener
    8 years ago

You are so kind. I will be happy to pay. My address. Mildred Smith 5062 Dixie Garden

Dr. Shreveport, La. 71105

• beachplant
    8 years ago

give me a week or 2, speed is not one of my better qualities lol! Not to mention it is pouring again. Do you want rooted or cuttings or a mix? I have some rooted that I think may be small enough to ship. Pot luck on colors cause they lost labels.

Tally Ho!

• sissy709
    8 years ago

Beachplant,
    For the life of me I can't figure out how to send emails to anyone who comments on this forum.

I have been reading your generous offer to sell some of your Brug cuttings or plants. I am starting to get so disappointed that I can't find anyone who will let me have some. I will pay for them, postage, SASE or whatever.

Will someone answer and help me out. I am having Brug anxiety. Thank you in advance.

• beachplant
    8 years ago

sissy709, send me an e-mail to beachplant@excite.com I can not figure out this site either!

Lisa, I finally received payment. Thank you.

• Jesse Ortiz
    8 years ago

Who is this Lisa girl that has been scamming people? I wanna watch out for that Black sheep.

• duane456
    8 years ago

A couple of years ago there was a Lisa (actually she went by several names) who popped in and out of garden with different aliases. If you ever get a trade offer and the address is in Turner Oregon--turn it down.

• angeltrumpet4sale
    8 years ago

I have yellow Angels' Trumpet for sale on Ebay, 4" pots, 8" plant for $6.00, you can find me under search "angeltrumpet4sale". If you have any angel cuttings, we could exchange. Email me at angeltrumpet4sale@aol.com.

• mickeymantle
    8 years ago

If you want quality brugs of named types go to http://www.brugmansia.us/forums/ there are always brugs for trade , or postage , or for sale and you get what is stated unlike some sellers on e bay , plus all the info on growing brugs

• beachplant
    8 years ago

nature_gardener, Mildred. Your package shipped. Let me know if you have questions, You owe me $12. Tally

• beachplant
    8 years ago

so now I can not get an answer from Mildred aka nature_gardener!! I quit swapping or sending plants for postage for years because of people not bothering to uphold their end of the bargain. Looks like this will be the last person I ever ship plants to as I am sick of not getting paid for postage. It freakin' adds up at $11.30 to $19.87 every time you ship. I work very hard for my paycheck, I am a nurse and work nights, weekends, holidays, rotating shifts. We don't make any giant paychecks by any stretch of the imagination.

• mickeymantle
    8 years ago

when I trade for postage I always wait to get the money before shipping

• beachplant
    8 years ago

I know better, got busy and forgot. Never again. I am not shipping any plants to anyone even if they prepay me.

• carrie751
    8 years ago

Tally, I am sorry for this bad, bad experience. I know you were very upfront about postage. That is the very least one should do for these great plants. I know the work that goes into getting the cuttings ready for shipping, and any REAL gardener should appreciate this and be more than willing to send postage. I was very fortunate back when I could still share by mail as everyone kept their word about the postage. I hope this lady has a REALLY good reason for not responding to you.

• realcocacola78
    8 years ago

beachplant - I'm very sorry to hear this!! Today I decided to give up on my seeds which won't sprout and search for cuttings instead and somebody else had to ruin it for me and the rest of us!! If you ever have a change of heart (I'm not holding my breath), I would gladly send postage in advance!! Happy Gardening and Best Wishes!
    Melissa @-%-----

• beachplant
    8 years ago

I know better, almost never got the first person to pay me. I didn't use to have any problem with swaps, 1 or 2 out of 30 or so would not uphold their end of the agreement but this is ridiculous. I sent extra stuff, like plumeria, epi cuttings, stuff to fill in the boxes and after bugging me about shipping for weeks they won't even reply now.

Good luck on finding cuttings. It is a lot of work to mail plants, I sent rooted cuttings, you have to wrap and protect them, go get boxes, go mail boxes, $$$ involved, not cheap anymore.

BAH!

• realcocacola78
    8 years ago

I understand where you are coming from. Trades are better because you are actually getting something in return for your time and supplies, and even those are a risk because the other person might not reciprocate. I don't have much to offer in exchange anyway because I'm just restarting my "garden" and most of my spares went to a recent trade through Dave's Garden. I hope you have a great summer and get to enjoy your garden amidst your hectic work schedule. Happy Gardening and Best Wishes!!
    Melissa @-%----

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm