Houzz Logo Print
anitaathome

wanted: wanted: double or shredded brugs

anitaathome
16 years ago

Hi!

I am interested in shredded or doubles. I have to offer:

clivia (plant)

Abutilon Marion Stewart (gorgeous and huge and covered with blooms) (plant)

Brug cutting Jean Pasco, Insignia Pink

Red firespike (plant)

Purple firespike (plant)

Sesbania punicea (scarlett wisteria) (plant)

Caeslipinia mexicana (plant)

Dwarf Pride of Barbados (plant)

Coral vine (plant)

orange plume (plant)

yellow plume (plant)

Pink plume (plant)

Rouge berry (plant)

Clerodendrum musical notes (plant)

Clerodendrum bridal veil (plant)

Misi Luke banana pup

Praying hands banana pup

Red and white bleeding heart vine (very large plant)

Datura seeds: La Fluer, Alba, Ballerina

Red Castor bean seeds

Let me know if you have brugs that match my desires and if anything I have grabs your fancy!

Anita

Comments (8)

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Hi Anita,
    What color is your clivia and how big is it?
    Karyn

• anitaathome
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The clivia are orange. They are not big clumps. 5 2 inch leaves. They are all part of a very big plant that I separated into parts and planted in the ground when I moved here from Virginia 4 years ago. They are blooming age. The leaves are a bit tattered since they live outside but they are healthy and happy.

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Thanks anyway. I was looking for a yellow. I have several orange clivias.
    Karyn

• wanna_run_faster
    16 years ago

Anita,

Are you going to any of the Florida swaps? Maybe GrowGrow's (Veronika's in September) or FawnRidge's (Ricky's in the fall)? I'm interested in trading for your clivia and your bridal veil. I have 2 in the ground double brugs...Hawaiian Double White which is doing great in South Florida and Tiara which is slow growing and seems like the location I have her in might be too much. I have cuttings rooted of the Hawaiian and am working on Tiara but I'm planning on pulling them both out sometime soon so if you were going to a swap I could bring 'em since they're too much to mail.

• anitaathome
    Original Author
    16 years ago

WRF:

I am now only planning on Kate's (Solstice's) here in Orlando. Are you coming for that one? It is Oct 20 or something close to that. I am having some GW's stay for a slumber party and garden tours the next day so you could come too!

I think Veronca's must be the Tampa swap this comiung weekend? I am not planning on that. When / where is Ricky's?

I am interested in the trade.

I would also like to talk to you off line about brugs in FL. I see from your trade list (boy do I want to see your garden!) that you have a bunch of brugs that have died on you. What gives? That happens to me too. I can have a healthy plant right next to one that goes belly up that are from the exact same stock! And some varieties just never go for me. aI usually lose them in the heat of summer. They just sort of shrivel up and go limp and yellow. Is that what happens to you?

And also why are you pulling yours up? Is that what you do at the end of the season or something? I am pretty new to brugs.

Be curious to know and let me know about the Orlando swap too.

Anita

• chena
    16 years ago

Hey!!! I finally found you... I am interested in your Banana pups.. What size are they?? Maybe the Clivia I have a couple of doubles... Double delight, Double Peach, Tiara,Knighty,Miss B Havin ..I also have a smaller(maybe can get a cutting) Butterfly not a double but very pretty...
    Santa Rosa...Painted Lady..
    Chena

• anitaathome
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Chena:

I have zebrina (ornamental), African Red (ornamental), musi luki (sweet dessert), praying hands, and dwarf red. The Misi Luki is extremely prolific and the fruit is awesome. But I love all my naners.

I have pups of all sizes. The only issue is the bigger they are the more expensive the postage! I usually trade by mail with pups that are about a foot long. But you can tell me what you want. I have even traded to CA! All my trades my mail have survived I am happy to say!

Do any of these interest you? I want all your brugs!! :-0 Please propose what you are willing to trade.

• chena
    16 years ago

I have sent you an e~mail.. I am interested in your Praying hands ,a couple of Dwarf Reds and the African Red...
    Blessings!!!
    Chena

Sponsored