Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: any one here from nny??? have brugs to share.

Posted by theraglady47 z4 NY (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 22, 07 at 21:20

I have far too many brugs to bring them all in for winter. A recent heart attack is forcing me to slow down. I have 5 or 6 well established brugs looking for new homes. I would normally just take cuttings and ship, but am having surgery Oct 8 so need to either find new homes for these or leave them out trough winter.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: any one here from nny??? have brugs to share.

Hi
I live near Dutchess County in NY-would love any brug!
How far am I from you?
Sorry to hear about your heart attack
Thanks

o

I am not sure, I am 65 miles north of Syracuse. Trust me, i have driven much further for brugs. I drove almost 200 miles for my first one. These are good sized blooming plants. I have a wonderful collection, about 165 named plants, but they just all can't come in for winter. I have many many with seed pods so they have to stay, have about 70 nice seedlings which also have to stay. I m not keeping any that I can;t use in my breeding program, which is about 9 or 10. I can share cuttings of the ones I am using but am just not up to packing and shipping this year. I am scedualed for surgery Oct 8. I will have everything sorted by then and any that are not going to be used for breeding will be ready to go.

My heart problem makes me very light headed and I have fallen a few times. I am just not going to risk traffic and standing in line as post offices.

I also have window boxes filled with rooted cuttings that I was going to take to a swap in Fl, but now I can't go. I sure hate to see al of these wonderful plants have to freeze.

I may have my Dh mail a few to my brug buddies in Fl, but trust me, he is not going to be very happy about it. If I can get him to take two it will be an accomplishment.

Let me know if you want some, you are welcome to come load up.

o

Thanks .Syracuse is 4 and a half hour drive-am flying there Friday for a one day conference.
I am tempted to make the journey again for the Brugs
but it is just too far away.
I appreciate your offer+ wish you a speedy recovery.
Zora

o

• Posted by qbirdy z4/5 Central NY (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 29, 07 at 21:55

I live in Pulaski and would love to get a few of your plants if you are still offering them. I'd be happy to get them as soon as you have the time :)

My sweetheart had heart surgery in March so I understand how hard it can be to deal with things afterwards, as well as before.

You can contact me at greatmurdoch@gmail.com

o

I'd really love to go and get some of your brugs but from Seattle it is a little too far. What a pity! Anyway, thanks for the offer and tons of luck with your surgery. Take care

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here