Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
darlene_tn

WANTED: new to brugs? post your wish list here

DARLENE_TN
18 years ago

I HAVE SOME EXTRA BRUGS FOR POSTAGE FOR "NEW TO BRUGS" PEOPLE. THAT MEANS IF YOU HAVE 3 OR LESS VARIETIES.

AND IF I CAN FILL SOME OF YOUR WANTS I WILL EMAIL YOU!

PLEASE DON'T POST "I WILL TAKE ANYTHING" PLEASE BE SPECIFIC OF THE NAME YOU ARE WANTING OR AT LEAST THE COLOR IF YOU DON'T KNOW A NAME.

I WILL PICK AND CHOOSE AT RANDOM.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL

DARLENE

P.S. IF YOU ARE LOCAL (KNOXVILLE, TN) YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO PICK UP OR MEET FOR DELIVERY.

***MY TRADE LSIT PAGE IS WAY OUT OF DATE SO PLEASE DISREGUARD IT****

Comments (45)

• homegrownsc
    18 years ago

Hi Darlene,

I purchased my first one this year at a flea market and only know it by color (white) and not by name. I've been looking around and would love to have Dr. Suess or an orange or peach color. Also, have seen other people's pictures of "Shredded" or variegated and would love either of those, too.

Thanks,
    C.

• noticklish
    18 years ago

looking for:
    vixen
    xena
    mountain magic
    eternity
    l'amour
    first day
    hawaiian dble white
    melon kisses

• angel14437
    18 years ago

I have 0. Do I qualify?

My wish list:

I am looking for Brug's that will do well in containers and overwinter well indoors. I am just beginning to experiment.

I don't know alot of names yet. I like the pale yellow, pale peach, creams or whites best. Such as:

Candida Double White
    Insignis Single White
    Suaveolens Variegata
    Betty Marshall
    Peaches & Cream
    Jamaica Yellow
    Versicolor Peach
    Sweetheart
    Thumbelina

Thanks for your kind offer!

• Patty_WI
    18 years ago

Darlene,
    I am new to brugs. I don't have any yet, but would love to try my hand at it. I like deeper colors. Pink, orange, yellow & red.
    Thank you!
    Patty

• noticklish
    18 years ago

forgot to list these:
    shredded white
    shredded yellow
    butterfly
    temple goddess*
    christmas
    versicolor salmon
    versicolor apricot
    rosabella *
    strawberry cream
    grand marnier
    Rosa Uberrshung
    sanguinea
    blue iochroma-is that really a brug?
    jean pasco
    halo peach
    cherokee
    wiskers
    sunset
    peaches n cream
    miss anna
    pink petticoats

I have versicolor peach and insignis pink cuttings to trade.

• camarillojeff
    18 years ago

Hello Darlene,

I recently started my first Brug cutting (a Double White). It's doing well, so I'm encouraged to try more. I'd like to try one with red flowers such as B Sanguinea, Inca Queen, Hans-Georg Preissel, Flamenco or Super Spot, or a yellow-flowered variety like Solid Gold, Sun Glow or Dr. Seuss. Please LMK and thanks for the generous offer.

Jeff

• flowergirl110
    18 years ago

Darlene -

I have 3 brugs - I started with a "salmon/pink versicolor, and traded for a Snowbank, and a yellow (either Charles Grimaldi or Dr Seuss.

This was my first "brug" year

Do you have:
    Double/triple (named) white
    L'Amoure
    Mountain Magic
    Mountain Treasure
    or any named hotpink /dark pink/deep rose color.

That's all I need to round out my collection.

Would you like an avacado plant (18")?

Thanks for the offer,

Kathy

• jen_frazier
    18 years ago

I am new to brugs. I received some in a trade - but they were small and green and all but 2 rotted! Am not sure the other will live either!

I would love a Charles Grimaldi! I need some that will do good in large containers. I love orange ones & also the ones with the long whiskers!!

PLMK, Jennifer

• DARLENE_TN
    Original Author
    18 years ago

UPDATE: I HAVE SAVED ALL EMAILS AND WILL START THE REPONSE PROCESS ON MONDAY 12-5 SORRY FOR THE DELAY I WAS TRYING TO GET TRADES OUT FIRST. I WILL BE IN TOUCH
    DARLENE

• wanna_run_faster
    18 years ago

Hi Darlene

You sound like you have the perfect life!

I got one frosty pink cutting at a plant sale a few weeks back. Within 2 days it was starting to send out new leaves. After waiting and waiting for my plummie cuttings to even act like they weren't going to die, I was very impressed with my brug :) !

I would absolutely love a Hawaiian White cutting, I saw a picture somewhere and have been dreaming of it every since. i even has the "center stage" spot in front of the house picked out (now if I could just find one :)

• jeaninpgh
    18 years ago

dear darlene-we have more in commen than u could ever believe-Im also an ebay seller-just started out of necessity-mom moved in w her garden it lt october & couldnt get rid off all that stuff,as a lark put a listing & now plant to expand in spring to full time-i love it-since when the few non payers i had arranged to trade me native plants from their state if i forgave their bill i will never get rich on it,but its great fun & i loved meeting all these great people!!! i only have 3 brugs looking for more addicted to new habit now-the easiness of starting these exotic beauties has me hooked-id like(this is a true wish list that i went to the brug society to find!! alot of these were newer kinds)vargiata red anouska daydreams fascination hans george preussel ..i could go on & on now that i visited the brug society but dont want to seem so greedy-in spring contact me about trading too-have a few nice things now in fact,plants everywhere (thats normal) but this year w moms way too many-have perennials barerooted & stored plants & seedlings in pots every where & am still trading them off ..TTYL jean

• SunnySmiles51
    18 years ago

I am new to Brugs and only have Frosty Pink a couple of others just now starting I got from some wonderful traders.
    I would like to get these ones for my new found love. (Some are

• SunnySmiles51
    18 years ago

I am new to Brugs and only have Frosty Pink a couple of others just now starting I got from some wonderful traders.
    I would like to get these ones for my new found love. (Some are new so I dream on anyway)
    Sunny

American Pride
    Aurea multihybrid Ernestine
    Betty Marshall
    Candida flore plena
    Creamsickle
    Culebra
    Daydreams
    Dr. Seuss
    Hawaiian Double White
    Herrenhauser Garten (Must Have)
    Isabella
    Insignis Pink
    Jamaica Yellow
    Klerx variegata
    Lexy
    Maya
    MM or any Mountain
    Painted lady
    Peanut
    Rosamond
    Snowbank
    Species
    Starlight
    Suaveolens Variegata
    Sunray
    Supernova
    Sweetheart
    Thumbelina
    Tiara,Forevermorr
    Valley White
    Versicolor Peach

• bean_pod
    18 years ago

Hi Darlene..Am I to late to get some brugs? I am very new to brugs and only have a few cuttings in water rooting. I would like to have some peach,Frosty Pink, Hawaiian white or any pink,rose,red,Black Currant Swirl,Charles Grimaldi. Thank you!
    Deb

• grannylee
    18 years ago

AM I to late? I would love dr. Seuss, sanguinea ,Charles Grimaldi,or Creamsickle .thanks grannylee

• hurricane_gardener
    18 years ago

Better late than never right?
    I am rebuilding my garden due to Katrina and would love to include Brugmansia and at this time I don't have any.I really love Creamsickle, Inca Sun, Peaches & Cream, Cypress Gardens, Ecuador Pink, Sunray, Super Nova, Metel, Charles Grimaldi... As far as colors go I like yellows, pinks, peaches, white, purple and I love double/triple blooms.

• vsjo
    18 years ago

Are you offering cuttings or seeds? I have only one, a yellow one, and would love to have pink or peach. Before I started reading this forum, I thought growing from seed was nearly impossible for Brugs. Growing anything from seed has been a passion of mine for years. I have taken and rooted in water three cuttings from my yellow one.

• tnmomsix
    18 years ago

Hello,
    I am also new to Brugs (have none lol). I fell in love with them last year on a garden tour in Nashville and I decided that this year we would try and grow a few ourselves near our patio where would be able to enjoy them. I love them all.

Thank you,
    Tammy

• corgicorner
    18 years ago

PLEASE see my posting, which is 8 above yours: it starts with "Do You Love Orchids?????????????????????????"
    Thank you. "corgicorner"

• gypsygirl_ky
    18 years ago

I have only one bug I got 2 years ago as a cutting, never has bloomed, but I have hopes for it. I would like one of those reddish colored vrugs and anything pretty. Mine is supposed to be peach. I would love some different varieties. Hope to have a few nice ones this year. Please let me know if you have any left. I will even take the couple that nobody really seeks. Thanks...Amanda

• kids2spoyl
    18 years ago

Wow, I would love to try some other brugs. I have one pale yellow that was just gorgeous last year, but got torn up pretty bad in Hurricane Rita. I'm hoping it will make a nice recovery. I am not up to date on names of brugs, but would love light pink, dark pink, red and peach colors. Thanks in advance for your generosity.
    Gina

• moonrays101
    17 years ago

New to this site and just now getting started with growing brugs...0nly have 1 a single white. Would love to have a Sanguinea and a pink petticoat for S&H if you have any left.
    Thanks in advance,
    Glenda

• vnginger
    17 years ago

Hi, I discovered Brugs last December when I brought it inside & it bloomed for me. I love it now & would love to try some new ones. Would love to have purple/red double/triple... I have single yellow & pink. Please let me know if anyone wants to trade or do SASBE. It would be much appreciated. I have LOTS of seeds but can not get any to germinate for the past 2 years. I give up on the seeds.
    Thanks.
    tc

• deprived_wife
    17 years ago

still have brugs?
    I have none.
    Would love them all but since that is not helping pick them I'll go for yellows, golds, pinks, peach, salmon colors. I really appreciate it.
    :) Barbara

• kaysbelle
    17 years ago

I just discovered Brugs - I don't have any yet and would like to find one - color not important - if you have or know of anyone that has one to share. Thanks.

• sanda
    17 years ago

Hi, I am new to Brugs, don't have any. I would like a double white or a hawaiian white. Thank you for your generosity.
    Sanda

• flowerfairy74
    17 years ago

Hello,

I have one brug and have successfully not killed it over a Seattle winter and through the birth of a baby. YEAH! I'm wanting to try some other varieties and would love to adopt one from you if you are still sending things out.

I have a single yellow right now - I think it's a Dr.Seuss.

I'm looking to add some from this list this summer if I can find them:
    sanguinea
    versicolor
    lila rosa
    creamsickle
    metal
    frosty pink
    rubirosa
    Herrenhauser Garten
    black currant swirl

Thank you!!!

• lopie8
    17 years ago

I would like to have either a yellow or peach.

Also, I might be imagining things but I believe I saw one. I would really love to have one that has a double flower.

Thanks Nate

• TinaTN
    17 years ago

Hi Darlene. Is this offer still available? Please let me know, and we will take it from there.

Thanks,
    Tina

• leggacy
    17 years ago

Please tell me that you have some left? I just moved and I miss my Brugs and have to start over. I love the double white ones and Dr. Suess. There was another but am not sure of the name but the blooms would be yellow one day and orange the next. Thanks...Mary

• kaysbelle
    17 years ago

I am new to brugs. I was fortunate enough to get two different rooted cuttings and a versipeach (unrooted) but I was unable to get it to root. I just got my first Datura too. I would like to find any rooted cuttings. Thanks.

• lindamarie
    17 years ago

I have a white and a pink that blooms;. Lost the others.

I would love Snowbank, any doubles, Whiskers, variegated.

Thanks

• gladys47
    17 years ago

Hi! Is this offer still open? I have no brugs. Tried growing from seed several times and I just have had no luck. I have no problem with datura from seed so I must have bad seed or bad luck. Would love versicolor, charles grimaldi, or something "peachy". Thanks, Gladys

• capish
    17 years ago

Hello. If the offer is still out there....I would love a red one. I have a light pink one and a white one. Thank you.

• ariesf5
    17 years ago

If there are any left, I would like a purple and peach one... I just got my first brug today... and unnamed yellow. Hasn't bloomed yet, when she does I'm gonna post a pic to try and ID her... Emel@uga.edu

• myonlysunshine
    17 years ago

Hi,
    I don't know if I'm too late for this,but I hope not.I have one yellow brug and I just love it.I would absolutely love to have a red one(sorry can't remember technical name),anything double or ruffled or someone mentioned a purple,which sounds beautiful.I would realy be happy with anything,lol.Thanks alot

• whisst
    17 years ago

hi i do not have any brugs at all. waaahhh lol oh well i wanted to know if you have any seeds left for a newbie. please email me.
    thanks whisst

• smurfboy
    17 years ago

I have a brug that changes colors as the flower ages, not sure of the name, and I have a variegated brug with white flowers, and just bought the double brug from Logee's greenhouse. I'm looking for large flowered and scented brugs, also need care info for insects for brugs. And how to keep my cats from using the trunks as scratch posts, besides declawing, lol.

• jand01
    16 years ago

I have what I believe to be is Isabella and I have great luck with it. IT has survived through two moves and it reached about ten feet this year. I am looking for yellow. white but I am really not picky at all. I am fascinated with the blooms and all the colors that are available. Please let me know what you have.
    Jan

• threekittygarden
    16 years ago

Hello, I hope I am not too late. I am new to Brugmansia but now I am addicted. I have a pink one I don't know the name. If you could share me creamsickle and shredded white I would be very thankful.
    Tita

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Do you guys realize this post is 2 years old? It got resurrected somehow.

• sibhskylvr
    16 years ago

fool4flowers

With all the great brugs being traded - let the thread be resurrected! lol! Who knows what may come along! :)

Mike

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Ok, then I want one of every color and a couple of doubles and triples would be nice. Not kidding either by the way, lol.

• jumpin4joy
    16 years ago

I want 1 of everything on this posting. I am willing to share my Dr.Suess in trade for ________________. You fill in the blank.Doubles Triple heck invent one I want it to. I would love Cherab, Xena, Maya Varigated, Painted Lady, and New Oreleans.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

OK seems as everyone is posting on a 2 year old want list , might as well join. New to brugs have Dr.Seuss & Frosty Pink rooting as I type.Would love :
    Georgia Peach
    Island Girl
    Temple Goddess
    Creamsickle
    Vixen
    Taylor Dawn( my oldest daughter is Taylor)
    Rubirosa
    New Orleans Lady
    Thanks,
    April/dirt_under_my_nails

Sponsored