Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brugmansia .....red

Posted by lovegarden z9 CA (My Page) on
Mon, May 9, 05 at 13:52

Just took this few minutes ago, thought I would share with my garden friends!

Good day:)
TH

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brugmansia .....red

How beautiful, I have one also, it had one bud on it when I got it, and it looked like yours when it opened, can't wait till it has more. It is growing beautifully.

Thanks for sharing the picture

o

Very well done in your Zone! Beautiful plant you have there.

o

Beautiful plant!! Didn't know you could grow them in zone 9. I emailed you. I was wondering if you'd like to do a future brug cutting trade when our plants get bigger?

o

just gorgeous! i have not had much luck with my 3 brugs.

o

Do these red brug's have a fragrence?
I have a small one that hasn't bloomed yet, I grew it from a seed and it's a very slow grower.

o

Asking all red brug owners, how are you getting it to bloom? Is your summer cooler? I'm in Colorado (Denver area) and it's hot as blazes, and even though my red is in a semi-shady area, not a hint of a bud.

o

I wish all the hybridizers out there could come up with a red we could plant in Florida that's beautiful!

o

What you seem to have is an Inca Queen, Brugmansia Sanguinea. Be proud! :)

o

wifeofbath, how do you tell the difference?
I know one of them is supposed to be smaller in height, but what other differences are there?
Thank you!

Valentina

o

I grew one of these from some seeds I purchased on E-bay, it took about a year but is blooming now, it has no fragrance whatsoever.... I am disapointed....
It is okay. Not my favorite plant. I think I want to sell it. If anyone is interested email me at marilynm@midcom.com, it's about 5 feet tall now. I live in Fullerton, CA.

o

I have 8 sanguineas...4 each or orange & red (my red is supposed to be Inca Queen). I grew them from seeds last year & they just reached the blooming point at the very end of the season. I grow them in pots, overwintered them in my garage & they're now outside & starting to grow well. I think I can see the very beginning of buds.

Sanguineas are a cool-loving brug. Where it's hot, they perform very poorly (many other types of brugs hold off blooming during hot weather, too). Even in the Seattle area, where all my other brugs take full sun, my sangs wilt easily unless given mostly shade from midday on. Also, sangs don't have a fragrance. They're fun & interesting because they're much fuzzier (all over) than other brugs and the flower size/shape/color is quite different.

Patrick

o
propagating B. sanguinea

Marilyn...sangs are almost always grown from seeds...they're noted for being verrrry difficult to root cuttings from.

Patrick

o

Several weeks ago my husband and I were in Carmel (California) and were driving thru his old neighborhood in Pacific Grove where he was raised. There was a house on his old street that had several of these growing over their front fence and in full bloom with what seemd like hundreds of flowers. I made him stop so that I could just stare at them. Absolutely gorgeous! I've seen tons of pictures but never up close and personal.

I went to the door to ask if I could buy a cutting or seeds but alas, no one was home and I didn't have the nerve to take a pinch of the plant.

It really was quite stunning.

Jenna

o

Does anyone have any seed and/or cuttings of red sang? I know the cuttings are hard to get going, but I'm willing to give it a try. I have other brug cuttings (rooted and unrooted) I could trade. I also have other plants to trade.
Roxanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here