Sat, Jul 8, 06 at 21:50

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First flush of 2006

• Posted by jroot 5A Ont. Canada (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 9, 06 at 9:56

You do work your magic, Ruth Ann. Beautiful.

Oh, how I wish I could get mine to do that!

o

Just beautiful Ruth Ann ;-)

o

Thank you. The fragrance at night is like a tonic I tell you.

This is a cutting Jroot gave me last year of his, we 'thought' it was a Peaches and Cream but some have said they think it is Maya.
I also have Maya so am in the process of cross polinating the two now ( Maya is also blooming) to see if seeds set on either plant. If they do then we know John's can't be Maya.

o

Sun, Jul 9, 06 at 22:21

Now that is interesting, Ruth Ann. Please keep me posted.

It certainly is a wonderful set of blooms you have there. My first flush is finished, but there are a lot of blooms getting ready for the next flush.

o

• Posted by rosco_p z6a ont.canada (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 11, 06 at 11:16

RuthAnn: Beautif ul pictures. Thankyou for sharing. I keep heading outside to check my few brugs and buds are indeed forming, but no flowers yet. I love the height of your brug. also. Mine are only about 21/2 feet as of now. Enjoy. Ross.

o

Tue, Jul 11, 06 at 18:15

Hey, Rosco_p, good to see you on line. What kind of brug do you have now? Any buds?

My "P&C/Maya?" has set up a lot of new buds for its next flourish of flowers, as has my "colloquially named DJ", and my double white. I am looking forward to the next few weeks.

o

I really love the summertime and seeing thses beautiful plants bloom. It really does make all our effort seem worth while.

o

Hi Ruth Ann - they are pretty. Did you decide if it is a P&C or a Maya? I heard that P&C buds are varigated (they are on mine) and that Maya buds are plain green.

Jack

o

Jack, have not done another round of cross pollinations yet but got no seed pods on the first round.
The one in that last image is definitly Maya and does in fact have striped buds.

o

Mon, Aug 14, 06 at 21:58

I don't believe that mine has striped buds, Ruth Ann. Did you see any on your cutting? The mystery continues to become more complex.

Mine is blooming prolificly, and has done so for most of the summer so far.

I have "Shorty" right next to it, but have not seen any buds on it so far. I keep hoping.

o

Mon, Sep 4, 06 at 16:42

My variegated in question has set another set of buds up, and so has "Shorty". They are located right beside each other, so we should be able to compare the flowers. The variegated brug in question does not have variegated buds, nor does "Shorty". One can see faint stripes on both. The height of "Shorty" is just a little less than my original one. I do note that the leaves come off my original much more readily than those on "Shorty" which seems to be much denser foliage as well in that there are a lot more leaves.

The buds on the left is my original variegated brug. Buds on the right are on "Shorty".

o

Quote from John....
"The variegated brug in question does not have variegated buds, nor does "Shorty" "

John, I see striped buds on both those plants in your above image so not quite sure what you mean in that qoute?????
I just went and took these images...
Shorties P&C, then Maya then John's P&C and all are striped...

o

Thu, Sep 14, 06 at 17:14

I suppose it all turns on one's interpretation of variegated. Yes, indeed both of mine are striped. We all learn together. Thanks for your photos and input, Ruth Ann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here