Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Well worth all the effort

Posted by Ruth_Ann Z5 Ont.Can. (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 1, 05 at 0:08

This weekend I installed 6 moonrays in under my Brug garden here by the patio.
I want to see what I am smelling at night LOL, and although this is a night shot with a flash, you can see why I have such a lovely fragrance drifting through the evening/night air right now. :))
Left to right: Candida Double White ( not dropping the second bloom down though), Native Habitat double orange vesicolor ( really dropping the second bloom LOL) and one EP bloom low to the right.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Well worth all the effort

• Posted by Jroot 5A Ont. Canada (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 1, 05 at 10:05

Beautiful, RuthAnn. You continue to be an inspiration for all of us. Any sign of budding on the P&C? Oddly enough, mine are not showing any yet. The cutting from your neighbour's yellow is just about to open with its first flower,...maybe tonight or tomorrow.

o

LOL, your P&C has been too busy growing John. It has sent out 6 lateral shoots off the main stem you gave me and just this w/e 4 have Y'd and I see some tiny buds on them, the other 3 will Y soon too.

o

What fun, I go out with a flash light at night, I love to see them changing colors. What a great idea. I do get so many wonderful hints from this forum. Wonder if hubby will go for this one???

o

I'm bad about checking on them also.The other night I was told that I could always sleep in the yard.....& I actually thought about IT!(* my ducks would proably come over and talk to me and & I'd never sleep.)

I like the double orange.hows the smell?

o

oohh the double orange just gorgeous!

o

Thank you.
The double orange has a lovely fragrance that tends to perist (closeup) even in the daytime until about noon.

o

That is fantastic RuthAnn. The lighting must be fun having at night too enjoy. They are looking so fine and healthy. I see you also get that good old pest damage. They sure do like brugs!!! LOL

o

Beautiful, night is my favorite time in the garden.

o

Here is another one that burst into bloom last week for the first time this season. It is a 3 year old unnamed seedling I grew....

o

• Posted by Jroot 5A Ont. Canada (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 16, 05 at 17:13

That is beautiful Ruth Ann. It is so loaded with blooms some of them are even opening upward. ( Does that mean it's part datura? LOL Talk about stirring it up. LOL.)

o

They tend to be horizontal John, they are above my eyelevel so you know that makes them look upward facing ROFL! ;-)

o

Hi Ruth Ann. Your brugs seem to be a decent height. How do you plan on overwintering them? Are you just going to take cuttings or are you storing them intact in a cool greenhouse? I have a couple that I overwintered last year at my mother-in-law's. She has a large bank of windows and they faired alright. They are about 4 feet high now and I don't think I'd get them in the truck to haul to her place again (She's in a different city). I'm trying to figure out some way to overwinter them without having to chop them up into smaller cuttings :(
Unfortunately I don't have a heated garage otherwise I'd try storing it there. Any suggestions?
Thanks

o

cleoa, I cut mine all back to 4-6" above the soil line, dig them up and pot them and store them in a 45-50F winterhouse for the winter, dormant. Here they are last fall just after I brought them in for the winter....

o

That's interesting. At between 7-10C I would have thought they would start to grow. When do you bump up the temperature to get them going? Mine are already in pots. I have a small yard so the brugs are on the deck. Do you think I would have to cut them down if I can find some place cool to store them?

p.s. looks like a nice size greenhouse; something I've been pining for a long time....you lucky girl!

o

Sending you an email. :))

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here