Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Don't Laugh At My Baby *lol*

Posted by kimskreations z5 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 4, 05 at 1:03

Well, after looking at all the beautiful pictures you all have of numerous blossoms at one time, I thought I would share the 1 flower I was lucky to get this year.

I was given this as a tiny cutting from someone and put it in a large pot. It looked so funny in this huge pot at first.

I put it outside this summer and babied it along a little.

It is now over 4 feet tall and I brought it in for the winter (it takes up my whole kitchen *lol*).

It finally bloomed and I have been "posing" the flower for picture after picture. I simply love it. I would LOVE a cutting of a double if ever someone might have one to share.

Because I live in Maine I need to try to winter it over. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy!
Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: My Brug Baby

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Don't Laugh At My Baby *lol*

Kim I can understand why you love it so much, it is a beautyfull flower, congratulations,
Uschi

o

We would never laugh at your beautiful brug baby here. We are here to encourage and enable your brug habit.

o

WickedHeart, just encourage more, deeper addiction, right? :))LOL

Kim, your baby is beautiful. There's no reason to laugh. Maybe I have a reason to cry, because I lost my first buds :(
I am happy for you.

Valentina

o

I have a double white I will send you a cutting of.

-Kris

o

I think you should get points for the lovely deep green leaves with no bug holes in them! Congrats, the flower is lovely too.

o

Hi Kim..nice to run into you here.
It's a lovely brug! I love the color. Nothing is as dramatic and anticipated as that first bloom. You'd have thought I gave birth when mine first flowered. I took pictures..invited people over..it was an event.!:) I recently brought it (an unnamed yellow) into the garage and the flowers make the whole garage smell amazing. It's new to me too so I hope we both have luck with this overwintering thing.
Michele

o

your brug is beautiful! I lost 5 out 6 cuttings so you're already doing better than I could ever do! And I asolutely love your fuchsia! Do you keep it in the house all year?

o

WRF Those are christmas cacti. Silly Brug grower!!
Marion

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here