Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2007 seedlings

Posted by gottahosta NE_GA7b (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 13, 07 at 14:37

I thought it would be fun to see these two seedlings bloom for the first time.

I live in NE Georgia, near trigger_m, and we share cuttings. I have received some really nice brugs from him, some of the best producing ones in my gardens this year.

I tried brugs seeds given to me in 2006 and got fired up by my success- I grew three seedlings and they all bloomed!

So this January I grew a bunch MORE and ended up with almost 50 seedlings that I had to find room for in the Spring. Several are still in pots; the rest planted amongst my named brugs.

I've counted budding sdlgs. and came up with 39-40 that will bloom this year, out of the 45 sdlgs I grew out.

I thought you may enjoy (??? seeing what these two will look like when they open.

The first is Esmeraldas x Mountain Magic- good chance of a pink with this one. This particular plant has perhaps 150-175 buds, or more, on it- very impressive first look!

The other has less buds on it but it may be an interesting color- Inca Sun X L'Amour.

These are not my seeds and the hybridizers will receive credit if/when they are named.

Brenda B.

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/wholyhosta/Brugs September 2007/tn_Picture022.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/wholyhosta/Brugs September 2007/tn_Picture024.jpg[/IMG]

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2007 seedlings

Well, looks like I don't know how to post a photo!!

Sorry!

o

Well, here is another shot!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Unfortunately during the time over the weekend I was trying to figure out how to post a photo, one of the blossoms of this loaded Esmeraldas x Mountain Magic seedling opened and it is white- not even a hint of pink. Also, the other cross did open and it is a nice orange-gold color.

o

Oh my, your jungle looks like mine did, I had 27 seedlings packed into a 12'X12' lasagna garden this year.
I love the anticipation of seeing a seedling bloom for the first time.

o

Ruth

It has been very exciting!

I just discovered another seedling that will be peachy colored that is a double and appears to be well formed. I must have mis-labeled it tho, as it says Butterfly x Cypress Gardens on the tag! I will post a photo perhaps tomorrow, as it is just coloring up and has not dropped the inner skirt yet.

o

I am waiting for the photo gottahosta. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here