Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

OT: POTD: Another new Amaryllis for me

givelittle_getlots
14 years ago

Good Morning.

Next wish I have ....Valentine's is coming soon...is a wireless keyboard. I will stay under the covers and have some fun lol

Today I can show you another new Amaryllis bloom of a different shape and especially color.
{{gwi:443263}}From POTD January 2010

Amaryllis Emerald....has been blooming for at least a week already and looks prettier everyday.

I wish I could say that about me and as time goes by lol

Be kind....and you will see how shocked some people are :-)

Well sometimes it does not work...especially when it comes to the telemarketers !!! But then getting upset has not helped either.

I am so glad they do not use cellphone numbers to do that.

Hope your day will not be to bad. I mean what do you say, knowing that most of the country is freezing their butts off lol

Hugs

Lucy

Comments (12)

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Morning Lucy, That's a Beauty!!!

Telemarketers, Just put them on hold for a min. and walk away. LOL

It's still cold there. Our highs are our normal lows.

I'm so ready for SPRING!!!
    Warm Hugs
    Dorothy

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I love it. Are you cross pollinating it with your other hippis?

It's still frigid here. I'm in a perpetual bad mood because of the temps. So Fl is below normal but it's about 50 degrees warmer then here and the weather service is calling for another snowstorm so I just want to get the heck away. I'm going to miss DH, Jake & Madi terribly and have never been away from them for longer the a week. Maybe DH will figure out some way to get them out of school for a few days so they can come down. At least Kyle will be with me and my best friend is going to come down for 4 or 5 days. I'm hoping that my Mom will come down as well.

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Good morning all. Lucy, that is a pretty amaryllis! Yep, those telemarketers are the pits. Lot of times I just screen my calls or as soon as I hear their voice, I say I am not interested and hang up. Be safe everyone.

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I cross..............my fingers that you will be able to FLY!!! To get away from your weather...ha ha ha you know, you will probably be the one person in all of Florida who is happy about the weather when you get there roflmao.

Eloise I can't do that...cause the phone numbers from germany do not show up and they do not wait for me to use the answering machine. Besides..I still have not programmed it ha ha ha

I did take some pollen and put it on 2 others this morning...not sure if it will still take since I waited so long :-(

Lucy

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Sometimes I enjoying *ucking with the telephone solicitors. I'll just start going on and on about nothing in particular until they finally hang up on me. LOL When you think about it they are just trying to do a job but boy are they annoying. Besides that could you imagine working at a job where you are rejected 99% of the time?

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Karyn do they really know? most time I can barely understand them. Or they play music first and have me on hold before they even say who they are and why they are calling.

I will try that...that would be fun lol...but most just hang up :-( before I am done and ohhh...bad part is...they will call BACK

Lucy

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I can usually tell from caller ID if it's going to be a solicitor because they come up as 800 numbers. Most of the time I won't even answer an 800 exchange.

• chena
    14 years ago

Lucy that is so pretty!! I was looking at Willow Creek Gardens and saw that one .. I think I may have a new addiction..LOL

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kylie you got that right :-) I wish I could remember who it was that send me a whole bunch of baby amaryllis bulbs last year???? They are GROWING!!!!

THANKS.....Barbra? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease can you let me know who it was?

Lucy

• haase
    14 years ago

Regarding telemarketers, I have something (I think is funny) to add.
    This one was not a telemarketer, but a news paper where I had cancelled the subscription. They kep calling, and calling, and calling for me to sign up again.
    Finally one day I just told the caller: "I don't know how to read!"
    And the annoying calls stopped.

Ingrid

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

roflmao now THAT IS hilarious ha ha ha ha ha

a good one Ingrid...thanks for making me laugh and sharing this funny story with us

Lucy

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

I have that one too Lucy. Its a pretty one. When the telemarketers call if its one that won't stop calling after I ask them to I tell them hold on a minute and I lay the phone down and leave it there while I go about what I was doing. One stayed on the line for 10 minutes waiting, lol.

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor